Smiley face?

ashleylu88

Tiny bit pregnant w #1 :)
Reaction score
So this will be my first month using OPK, I will have the clearblue one that shows the circle or smiley face. When I receive the smiley face does that mean I am ovulating that day, already have, or about to? Should I keep testing after I see the first smiley face? New to this and need some experienced ladies answers : ))

Baby dust to all!

Also I will do my first test on CD12, is that to late? according to calendars and all I am suppose to ovulate between March 5th and 9th!

hello. Ovulation will occur about 8-36hours after you get your :). Remember to test in the afternoon between 2-4pm is the best. Also try no to drink too much before testing. I keep testing until :) disappears. I also test 2-3 times a day just to make sure I don't miss the beginning of the surge.

Also are you keeping track of your temperature? That is to be extra sure that ovulation occurred. Good luck!

hello. Ovulation will occur about 8-36hours after you get your :). Remember to test in the afternoon between 2-4pm is the best. Also try no to drink too much before testing. I keep testing until :) disappears. I also test 2-3 times a day just to make sure I don't miss the beginning of the surge.

Also are you keeping track of your temperature? That is to be extra sure that ovulation occurred. Good luck!

Thanks so much! i will get the clerblue and a cheaper off brand to test 2 times a day : )
I don't check my temp. I know that you are suppose to check that every day when you get up at the exact same time. My schedule doesn't allow that. I work night shifts from 8pm to 8am, like I work 2 nights then off for 2. So I wouldnt have an accurate temp. It's our 3rd month ttc and I will be using OPK and preseed as well as a pillow under my butt for 20 min : )

We seem to be in the same boat - Im about to start TTC with Clearblue (smiley face), preseed & Im gonna lie with pillow under my butt for about 30 mins after the deed. Good luck!

We seem to be in the same boat - Im about to start TTC with Clearblue (smiley face), preseed & Im gonna lie with pillow under my butt for about 30 mins after the deed. Good luck!

Haha I am doing the exact same thing!!! I am using Clearblue, preseed, and pillows under my butt. I also take prenatals and extra folic acid. :thumbup:

What CD are you and how long are your cycles?

I used the Clear Blue digital OPK this last month. I think they are easy to use b/c of the digital aspect, so there isn't any question of "is that a line? I think I see a line. Do you see a line?" I started testing on CD6, just once a day, and got a positive on CD12 and stopped testing at that point. Once you get a smiley you are supposed to have intercourse within the next 24-48 hrs. If you are just starting out w/the OPK I would recommend just once a day and see how it goes, and see if it corresponds with your physical symptoms of ovulation as it can all get to be very overwhelming. I am just taking this all one step at a time!

My cycles vary from between 29 & 34 days. At the minute I'm on CD11, have tried to clearblue sticks yesterday & today but still just getting blank circle. Cant wait to see that smiley face! Its all a waiting game!

I noticed yesterday that I started to get streachy CM that were like egg whites, so BD last night, this morning when I did my CB digital opk I got a SMILEY face, good job we BD last night, have BD tonight aswell....think i will re-check it in the morning and if i still get a SMILEY face BD again :)

Bit worried, CM today is stretchy & like egg white yet just did CB ovulation stick & no smiley face! Im on day 14 today. CM would indicate Im about to ovulate yet no surge obviously detected. Worried im either not ovulating or if I am i will miss the fertile days if no smiley face appears.

I had stretchy CM the day before I got a SMILEY face on the CB digital test, re-test it tomorrow and you may get your SMILEY face!!! BD tonight as well

Bit worried, CM today is stretchy & like egg white yet just did CB ovulation stick & no smiley face! Im on day 14 today. CM would indicate Im about to ovulate yet no surge obviously detected. Worried im either not ovulating or if I am i will miss the fertile days if no smiley face appears.

It's great to do the ovulation tests as a guideline, but I think you also have to listen to what your body is telling you as well. I got a smiley face one day, and then 4 days later had the EWCM. That's why they recommend intercourse 3 times a week if you are TTC!

I used one tonight at 7.50pm for the very first time in my life ever and I saw a smiley face :D Sadly I can not ask for BD tonight because we did it last night and as my DH is 47 years old, even asking for it every 48 hours is tough.

I was on top last night, so it probably all fell out >.< I know some must have gotten up in there, as they start swimming straight away, don't they? Also (sorry if tmi) but he "fell out" instantly after he "finished" and got himself all wet lol I do hope we managed to keep some in, gravity bites :p

I used one tonight at 7.50pm for the very first time in my life ever and I saw a smiley face :D Sadly I can not ask for BD tonight because we did it last night and as my DH is 47 years old, even asking for it every 48 hours is tough.

I was on top last night, so it probably all fell out >.< I know some must have gotten up in there, as they start swimming straight away, don't they? Also (sorry if tmi) but he "fell out" instantly after he "finished" and got himself all wet lol I do hope we managed to keep some in, gravity bites :p

I have heard that yes, they get shot out and start swimming right away. Even if the stuff drips out, millions are already on their way. Sometimes when my hubby is tired, I'll be on top even though I know it's not the suggested position. I am sure plenty of people get preg that way, too. :haha:

Well I had my pains yesterday so I tried to get DH in the mood but failed. Will see if I get a smiley face again today, if I do I will try again but his spermies will be 3 days old by then :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->