Smoke Quitters

i want it all

Reaction score
Hello Ladies how are you all getting on? I know there was a couple of you! I just wanted to send you some encouragement and remind you how wonderful you are for doing this for both you and your future babies! I hope the pennies are racking up now, and you are starting to feel the difference that not smoking makes!

I've been a quitter for 4 yrs & 4 months, and it has been worth all the struggles!

Keep up the good work!

Well done!! I'm cutting down as of next month in prep for giving up before our wedding next year so I hope I do as well as you! xx

WOW 4+ years????? I bow to you, oh mighty beater of the nicotine addicition. :haha:

It's been almost 2 months for me, and it's getting easier and easier... I still 'cheat' every so often, but it's only been 2x... and both times with a rollie with all-natural tobacco (no additives!). I know that sounds like I'm trying to justify it, but I'm just the kind of person I can't ban myself from something 100%. The rebel in me would smoke out of spite. :rofl:

We haven't really started to feel the money benefits yet, buuuuuut that's probably because we had a few unexpected larger expenses last month that ate up any possible savings we would have had. I know it'll start to show soon, tho! Not to mention it's nice not having to stop at the corner store every day for a pack of cigs. I wonder if the clerk misses me, though....

I'm quitting tomorrow. I was never a heavy smoker though but seemed to smoke more when i'm stressed out. So i've given up pretty easily in the past but now i'm going to give up for good! For my health, my OH (who has asthma) and because its on my list of things to do before TTC :D

4 weeks for me smoke free :) Though i have had the odd day where i have smoked (When i've had an argumeant with my OH and i'm like sod it and go for a walk to shop) but thats only been twice and the main thing is i haven't carried on so i'm getting there :)

We'll all get there eventually :)

You're all doing great, girls! Keep it up!!

DH and I went to a big amusement park last weekend. It was soooo nice to not have to worry about when/where/how often/what time/ to have a smoke. :cloud9: It's the little things that keep me going!

Aw the begining is definately harder than at my stage now! The first 6 months I would say, the temptation is always there, and it would have been so easy for me to go back to it, but you are all really doing great!

I just recently quit. It is SOOOOO hard though. But if it means a healthy baby then Im going to do it!!

I just recently quit. It is SOOOOO hard though. But if it means a healthy baby then Im going to do it!!

Hang in there- it does get easier once the cravings fade, you will then realsie that you haven't thought about it all day and you start to think - actually my life doesn't have to revolve around it :happydance:

and then if like me you end up having a few one day, the next day you forget about it again and it gets easier and easier each day.

You will get there as i'm sure we all will :)

ahh so day 1 is over now :D
nearly gave up at one point where i had a fight with my OH
but we talked it all out and i didnt give in :D

Yay! That's brilliant! Well done! Have you put your £6/7 in a jar to buy yourself a treat at the end of the week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->