• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

smoking

patches are horrible when pregnant, smoking is safer believe it or not. but try red hots the candy. If you are in the uk i'm not sure you'd have those but you could/should? that's how i always quit. they are spicy little candy's but eat them slow and between the hand motion eating them one at a time and the spicy flavor kills the craving!! i couldn't do that this time due to the diabetes and it was hard and i still occasionally have them and feel horrible. but i'm doing a lot better now. of course it helps that i feel the baby move too so it's a reminder that hey it's not good for him. so i don't light it (doesn't kill the craving) but it does make it somewhat easier

PLEASE PLEASE read this book, you will stop when you finish it https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0141026898

Good luck honey, it's such a hard thing to achieve but it can be done :hugs:

XX

i was smoking 30-40 fags aday i work with aload of blokes and it became a bad habit straight away i tryed to give up so many times whilst trying for my baby as i wanted this baba sssoooo much but i couldnt the cravings drove me insane..
then the day i took a test and it came back positive i gave my bacci to my work mate and gave up and havnt looked back since if anything happened to this baby and it was my fault id never ever forgive myself..

my mum could only have me she tryed for more but has problems and i think if i lost this baby due to me what if i couldnt have anymore kids to, so given up smoking caffeine painkillers everything... just eat sweets now lol!

just try and cut down hun better than nothing, just think of your lil baba having that smoke in its lungs, helped me..

good luck hun xxxxxx

I went cold turkey the day i found out and i am sooooo over it now! You will not believe how easy it becomes! Good luck and well done for cutting down xxx

I don't smoke.. but now I'm craving red hots since somebody here mentioned them!

I'm still smoking one or two a day it's really hard and I feel bad but the more I worry about it the more I want to smoke! I rolled one an hour ago and haven't lit it yet keep waiting.

I don't like the idea of patches as it seems stupid that to give up something addictive they give you the thing you're addicted to.

I've also read the Allen Carr book twice. Keep meaning to start it again.

I had smoked for 16 years when i gave up( from age 11) i smoked for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy then gave up completely and havent had one since!
I will say the first 3 days are the hardest but after that it gets easier as the days go on until now it doesnt bother me:)

I stopped smoking but picked up the week just before my baby was born. I was under a huge huge amount of stress. She was on a ventilator which, probably wouldnt have been prevented due to the prematurity however I'll never know.

I cannot tell you the guilt i have.

I smoked 20 a day and was able to stop straight away when I found out I was pregnant. I also gave up drinking and caffeine on the same day.

I admit I have had maybe 4 whole cigs since then by having drags here and there and have gone back to one cup of coffee a day rather than 4 cappuchinos.

It is hard, keep trying!

xx

PLEASE PLEASE read this book, you will stop when you finish it https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0141026898

Good luck honey, it's such a hard thing to achieve but it can be done :hugs:

XX

I agree - this is a great way to stop smoking, basically it makes you look at smoking from the perspective of a non-smoker and when I read it (a few years ago when I was on 30 odd a day) I gagged when I smoked my last cigarette, and then fully quit for a few years. Unfortunately I started smoking "socially" again a while ago, but stopped when I got my BFP.

You can do it, and the fact that you've posted a thread about it shows that you want to. Best of luck xx

I haven't had a cigarette since the day I got my BFP.....the first three days were hard....i ate a lot of sunflower seed (shelled cause they are more work) and celery. Oh and gum.

The patch is not more dangerous than smoking.....a little bit of nicotine is much better than hundreds of toxins and smoke. I know it's hard and good for you on cutting down but it's time to quit! You can do it.

I don't really miss at all....I did at first but I could never put a cigarette to my mouth now. if I can do it....anyone can! Keep at it.

i still smoke.i did count down a whole bunch.the doctor wont give me nothing for helping me quit since i am pregnant

i smoked during my pregnancy - went from 30 a day to about 3 though and my midwife was very supportive.

funnily enough, i quit 2 days after my son was born.

I'm not going to yell at you, I understand how hard it is. I smoked too while pregnant. I cut down but wasn't able to give it up completly..
I went into preterm labor on Sunday and lost my LO. I know it is so tough to quit, but please keep trying. I don't want to see anyone have to go through what I just did.

Firstly I'd just like to say i admire your bravery for even starting this thread!

I was desperate to giv up when I got my BFP but was so stressed with my hubbi going away to afghan and the thought of facing his pregnancy on own, I just couldnt do it. I'd finish a pack and say that was it, only to admit defeat and tudge to the shop to buy another pack of 10. I'd have that one fag I was craving then sit n cry and hate myself for doing it to myself and my baby!! Then I'd tell myself I'd give up after that pack was finished....I just kept going round in the same circle.

hubbi went away when I was 7 weeks pregnant, i remember him leaving home at midnight...i stood in the doorway with him and shared a cigarette, it tasted disgusting and told him that would be my last one ever. Dont know why it was so different that time (apart from the fact I wanted to be able to proudly tell him I'd done it!) but I havent had so much as a puff of a fag since he left.....and 10 weeks later I feel so much better for it.

Keep trying hun, I know exactly how u feel, try to speak to ur mw and say how desperate u r to quit and see what advice she offers u? xxxx

i dont my mate gave up but started when she was preg as she wants another 5lb bbay i know smoking causes smaller babys and other complications, i have never smoked but if i ever did i would give up for baby

Well, that's the most ridiculously idiotic thing I've heard in a long time!

Anyway...I had been on the Nicorette gum for a couple of weeks before I got my BFP, and the day I found out I cut that out as well and just used normal gum 24/7!

It is hard, but saying that I've found it easier than any other time I tried to quit [only ever lasted 3wks max]...I asked my GP at my first appointment and she said that obviously the Nicorette gum is better than actually smoking if a craving did get too much, so maybe you could try that? The inhalators can be pretty good at the times where you need to do something with your hands, but I find the actual level of nicotene better in the 4mg gum.

I've never got on with patches...I find the gum gives more of an instant burst when you need it rather than a constant level with the patches if that makes sense.

Good luck :)

i have been trying so hard i feel like shit cos of it sorry for swearing i hate my self right now

Stop beating yourself up, that does not help anyone. Just go on and make an effort!

started when she was preg as she wants another 5lb bbay i know smoking causes smaller babys

That is soooo sick!

my sister smoked rite through both her pregnancys she just could not give up both her babys were fine .
but i personaly gave up smoking when i found out i was pregnant i didnt want to smoke while i was pregant as i already wasnt well b4 and didnt want to risk being worse while pregnant or make the baby ill as im on tablets aswell.
i wouldnt recomend smoking while pregnant but if its going to stress u out worse then try cutting down as much as u possibly can.
after the first week of giving up it gets easy . the first 7 days r the hardest but then after that u start forgeting. its all about getting out the habbit.
gl what ever u deside to do

I smoked all the way through my pregnancy, did wana give up but cudnt find the will power. Then as soon as i gave birth i never found the erge to smoke another fag at all, and am going strong now! Its completely bollox when they say u will ave a smaller baby, i gave birth to an 8 pounder! xx

Oh and i was always told that if its going to completely stress you out quiting, then its better to carry on as the stress of quiting will harm the baby more, whether thats true i dont no. The smoke doesnt go into the babies lungs or anything like that, its to do with the nicotine thinning the blood and the flow to the placenta and this is y you find some babies are smaller as it restricts growth. So its not really wise to smoke whilst pregnant due to this. but my babies fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"