• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

SneakPeek Experiences

Sander

Reaction score
Guys I’m obsessing over my results especially with my gender scan coming up in 2 weeks :haha:

I took the SneakPeek at home test when I was 8+3, and I got a boy result! I’m not gonna lie I was hoping for a girl after 2 boys (especially since this is our last), but I am glad I feel ‘prepared’ going into this gender scan in a couple weeks. I’m also honestly happy about another boy. I love my 2 so much that I can’t imagine not adoring another one.

But you know the gears are always turning lol. Wondering if anyone else did the test and got an incorrect response?

Here’s the problem - I did mine in the bathroom (which I found out later is a big no no). I sprayed everything down with Vim and then again with rubbing alcohol. I washed my hands a zillion times and did the nail brush etc, let them air dry. However I did open the collection tube early on, and had my husband come in to the bathroom twice during the process. The problem was I had the instructional video on my phone, but I kept needing to rewind and watch certain portions before continuing - and I didn’t want to touch the phone because my hands were already washed/sanitized etc.

Do you guys think it’s possible to contaminate the sample with male DNA just from DH walking in and out of the room?? It seemed kind of unlikely to me but I’ve seen it happen to lots of people even if their husband didn’t come in. He doesn’t have any hair so it couldn’t have been that haha. But maybe like small bits of saliva when talking or skin flakes or something?

Also I read a lot about people wondering if previous pregnancies can affect the results. SneakPeek says male fetal DNA leaves your system a few weeks pp, but I’ve read that you can keep male DNA in your blood for years after you give birth - it’s just not fetal DNA. But if they’re only looking for male ‘FETAL’ DNA then how can it be contaminated by a spouse? At 8 weeks pregnant I was only 7 months pp with my 2nd son.

Anyhoo thanks for reading my novel. I’m so curious about this even if my test ends up being accurate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"