sneezing causes sharp pain

cce1127

Reaction score
When i sneeze i get a sharp pain around my ovaries, every time. Is that a normal thing to experience? Is this something that should concern me?

Yes its normal, no you shouldn't worry. I even asked my midwife with DS because I was worried...totally normal!

I agree that is normal! It does suck though, I find coughing does it as well.

I had this for a couple of days last week. It has gone now and I was told it is completely normal. It hurt me when I coughed too xx

It's actually a good sign! With my first pregnancy every time I sneezed, coughed or moved abruptly I would get this - it's called round ligament pain. It made me jump! In fact in this pregnancy (I'm cautiously 5 weeks) it was one of my first signs. The uterus is growing and the ligaments are moving and adjusting to help everything fit.

Omg I'm so glad I found this I thought I was damaging something , thank god,
At one point I thought I had a hernia lol

I was going to mention it to the midwife - I still might just incase but glad this is considered normal xxxx

Thank you everyone for the peace of mind. I was curious if that was all it was, But good to know!

This totally happened to me this morning!

I thought I'd done serious damage - like I'd ripped a muscle or strained something, it hurt! And then I got thinking that maybe I'd cause harm to the lil blob!

I'm so glad to hear it's normal. Whew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->