Snoring?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Barefoot baby, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Barefoot baby

Barefoot baby Well-Known Member

Is anyone else suffering with snoring?

It's causing a bit of a prob for hubby as he claims he can't sleep cause of it!

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

Thank you!

Ps I'm 23 weeks x

2. Lallie

Lallie Well-Known Member

Yes my husband is suffering. I am 23 weeks tomorrow and for the past week oh has hardly slept because I am snoring like a train. I've told him it is good practice for when lo arrives. He's taking sleeping pills and using ear plugs! good luck x

3. BritAcrossSea

BritAcrossSea Yellow Bump Turned Pink

I wish I could say the same but unfortunately it's my DH that has the problem. In fact I've wished that it was ME who had the snoring problem for a bit just so he knows how it feels to be kept awake. I've even taken to sleeping with ear plugs but I'm still hearing him so if there is a miracle cure I defintely would like to know, albeit for my DH.

4. Kellyx

Kellyx Well-Known Member

Yes! lol. My OH gets annoyed

5. Poisonwood

Poisonwood Well-Known Member

Yes definitely thats me and OH has to sometimes sleep in other room!Nose generally feels stuffy alot anyway (im 24 wk)

6. scottishvixen

scottishvixen Well-Known Member

Yes, seemingly I've started snoring. Wonder what casues it?

7. edthedog

edthedog Baking another pink one! #4

Apparently I got told this morning that I have started sounding like a foghorn the last few nights!

Regarding why it happens - in pregnancy your body produces something called relaxin which relaxes your muscles and other bits so I think it makes the canals in your throat/nose etc narrow more.

The only thing I was thinking of trying tonight was propping myself up a bit higher on my pillows to try and open my airways a bit more.

And if that doesn't work well then hey, DH needs to get used to sleepless nights anyway!!! :)