So all I can do is worry now! Hate this!

Lizzyxxx

No.3 On the way!
Reaction score
I'm just over 5 weeks now and today i have been experiencing a sharp stabbing in my back lower right side.
I had a m/c back in August and 2 days before I lost baby I had this exact same pain....I'm so scared now. Can't relax. Not sure what to do.

I think pains at this stage are pretty normal although after 2 losses i totally understand your anxiety. Good luck x

Thank you. It's horrible. Sitting here not knowing

Hopefully it will be nothing...if it persists let your doctor know ASAP as you have had losses before and they should be able to monitor you more closely.

Hopefully its nothing, fingers crossed!

I went to doctors yesterday but wouldn't refer me for a scan.

Aw no, if it persists and you get more worried just go back and insist!
If it helps, i have had random stabbing pains in my back every now and then.

Fingers crossed for you....

You can just turn up at a&e. They will scan just to rule out ectopic. Hope all is ok Hun. I have had some pretty bad pains early on was on codeine for it. 🙏🏻 all is well

Its not an unbearable pain but its a familiar pain, I remember it well just before I lost the last one. I have paid for an early scan in 2 weeks time. I pray I get that far.

Hun...I know your pain. I had a lost 18 months ago and have had all kinds of cramping/Stabbing pains the whole way through and I had a scan last week and bubs was fine, Measuring perfect for dates etc..

So try not to worry to much although I know it's hard and think positive. Xx

If it helps and ir probably will not until u see that heartbeat I had some kind of pains and even a bleed and my daughter is now two. But i had a miscarriage before her and believe me I know the worry. Stay positive and I know it can be a worry but if it happens it happens and that is our destiny if that makes sense. I'm in same boat at 5 weeks and had a few sharp pains but I had same eih my daughter. All the best xx

hun try to lie down and relax, take a day off work, see if your pains slow down, if not, then make you way to a&e and try to get a scan. keep it in mind that pregnant women always get some pain here and there, you're not the only one. I do get at times stabbing pain in my sides, back, and belly; this pain is not uncommon. hope you get well soon.

Thanks, im not working as I have 2 children to look after, my Mum died nearly 4 weeks ago and I feel this pregnancy was a gift from her and meant to be so I just can't think negatively. I'm going to bed and will update tomorrow x

The pain probably had nothing to do with the miscarriage and everything to do with the pregnancy. Of course it's hard not to associate it with your loss, but pains and stabs and pulls and cramps-- all normal! Try to relax and send good vibes to your little babe. I'm sure all will be fine!

I'm so sorry you're having this. I was having stabbing pains in my left side that started in the front and radiated to the back. I had an early scan to rule out ectopic. It turns out I had a cyst on my ovary that ruptured and there was a lot of fluid build up around my left ovary. My midwife didn't seem concerned, said it was harmless and resolve on its own. It could be a cyst causing your pain, not a miscarriage. If you're having bleeding I would let them know. Tell them you're bleeding and they should give you an early ultrasound to rule out any problems. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"