So angry!! OT

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Sorry I just need to have a little rant! Me and my OH were shopping at asda last wk, as i'm quite big now I find it hard getting out the car in tight spaces so he reversed back out the space so I could get out of the car. As it was foggy he didn't notice a car behind him and bumped into it. There was no damage to either car and everyone was fine but this morning we received a letter from them claiming whiplash and damages!

Their car wasn't even moving and we were doing 5mph at the very most! And can you even get whiplash from being hit side on I thought it was if someone went into the back of you?

I'm just so annoyed because moneys going to be tight next yr anyway with a new baby and now were going to lose our no claims so insurance is gonna go through the roof just because of some teenagers trying to pull a fast one!!

Does anybody know what the best thing to do is in this situation?

I would contact your insurance company and tell them what happened. They may well investigate before paying any compensation out. Was there any witnesses? or any CCTV?

How annoying! Some people will do anything to get a bit of free cash! I've no real advice - just didn't want to read and run.

I'd speak to your insurance company and see what they say. I hope you get a happy outcome x

I have no clue about these thongs, but I'm sure someone once told me, if they didn't require an ambulance (or call one) then they can't claim injury.

I could be wrong though.

As far as i'm aware whiplash is mainly caused from any injury from the rear(in a car accident) I also believe that it has to be reported to the police as an accident and they also need to have seen a doctor within a certain amount of time of the accident for any claim to be taken seriously......may be wrong though !!! Best bet is to go to your local citizen advice bureau,they're usually quite helpful.
Good luck

I would contact your insurance company and tell them what happened. They may well investigate before paying any compensation out. Was there any witnesses? or any CCTV?

It says on her letter that it was witnessed but i'm guessing thats her boyfriend and the only other witness is me. I went over to asda and they don't have the cctv but they said the police might as they control the camera's but it was over a week ago now so i'm not sure if they will still have them. xx

I know this seems like a daft question but who do u bank with ??? i have a barclays additions account and u get perks hol insurance etc also legal advice .. other accounts have it to and some car insurance offers this service .. check ur policies and if u do have this service availble use it .. u will be speaking to a qualified solicitor .... i ised this when i was given a parking ticket !!!!:blush:

Thanks girls i'm just so annoyed! I knew they would do this! I took a picture of the girls car when she went into asda to prove there was no damage should we send this picture to our insurance? Would it be any help?

I know this seems like a daft question but who do u bank with ??? i have a barclays additions account and u get perks hol insurance etc also legal advice .. other accounts have it to and some car insurance offers this service .. check ur policies and if u do have this service availble use it .. u will be speaking to a qualified solicitor .... i ised this when i was given a parking ticket !!!!:blush:

Thanks i'll try and find out if natwest do this too

Contact your insurance company first and foremost. When claiming for injuries, both insurance companies investigate and both parties are required to fill out details of the accident (including any photos you may have, but make sure you retain copies for your own records in case the originals get lost).

Your insurance company will require the 'injured' party to have at least one medical assessment, and even then your insurance company may ask for more assessments if things don't add up. They don't just pay money out regardless of someone's claim.

Having been on the injured person side of things (after being rear-shunted while I was stationary and the other party hit me at around 50mph), it's a matter of jumping through loops when you actually are injured.....it sounds very much like they're pushing their luck and you should contest it all the way. Unless there's some sort of serious pre-existing condition, it's virtually impossible to get whiplash injuries from a bump at 5mph!

Get on the phone to the insurance company ASAP and let them know what's happening (btw, the other party shouldn't be contacting you direct, it should all be handled by both insurance companies and their solicitors). Write down all the details as you remember them so you don't get muddled on the phone :)

HTH

Sounds like they are trying to pull a fast one & wanting you to settle out of insurance companys knowing they would tell em were to go. It makes me so mad that people can be so petty & do stuff like this. |I would deff contacy your ins company & see what they say & also try & contact to police & see if they still have the cctv footage. GL hun, this is the last thing anybody needs with a LO on the way & xmas next week x

defo send the picture of the damage to the insurance company and speak to them too... you dont know if they have tried to make it look worse once they have got home

YES, send the picture you took and keep a copy, also write out a whitness statement from you as the non driver, contact the insurance company and tell them outright that this other party are trying to make a bogus claim. The only time you might have trouble is if your car insurance is through a cheaper company - Churchilll and the bigger companies provide legal advice and services as part of the package whereas the cheaper companies (found on gocompare etc) often have this cut out hence making them cheaper.

- I agree with Snoopy - they really shouldn't be contacting you direct. Maybe they've tried to go through the insurance and had no luck! I don't expect that they would have a legal leg to stand on so try not to worry. x

I have no clue about these thongs, but I'm sure someone once told me, if they didn't require an ambulance (or call one) then they can't claim injury.

I could be wrong though.

Wrong I'm afraid. I was in an accident (my fault:blush:) and despite no ambulance being called the other car driver was able to claim.

:hugs: Your insurance company sorts this all for you but there needs to be evidence. You will personally not be out if pocket, that's what your insurance is for:hugs:

bloody morons!! tbh i doubt they will get away with this, i dont think THEY will have enuff to get what there after. i agree with most posts, deff go to the police bout this. sorry ur going through this and hope it gets sorted! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->