So bummed my HCG levels aren't rising like they should

mizztori

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm 5+3 today.
I had my betas drawn on in the ER on Monday (I was having some light bleeding) and my levels were at 2012.
Had them drawn again yesterday (Wednesday) and I'm only at 2356.

It's rising but now like it should be obviously.
I know that my levels are within the normal range but the levels that they're rising isn't normal.

I go back for retesting tomorrow and I will have the results on Tuesday 1/3.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

I don't have any insight but didn't want to read and run. Hope all turns out ok

I'm so sorry, pregnancy is so stressful at times!

I had some issues with my betas from week 4-5.
On that Wednesday they were 589, Thursday 583 and everyone assumed miscarriage. But the next day on Friday my levels jumped to 1695! So now everyone got scared it was ectopic. So Saturday I went to the ER and I was 5w2d and they couldn't find the sac. But my levels rose. So 2 days later at 5w4d I was checked again and they found the sac, and 2 days after that (5w6d) they found the heartbeat. I'm 8w today and had another checkup and everything is perfect.

Sometimes funky betas are a bad sign. But sometimes it could be nothing more than a funky result and everything goes on to work out. When my one beta went down, the nurses and doctors were telling me how sorry they were. We had thought we totally lost the pregnancy. I don't know...maybe miracles do happen. :shrug:

Unfortunately they weren't what I wanted to hear. After the third round of beta testing last week my levels didn't increase from the second test. Still around the 2350 mark.
We had an ultrasound yesterday and the baby was measuring exactly where it should be (6 weeks). With that said, there is a large blood clot forming at the top of my uterus in what my doctors explained as my bodies way of preparing for a miscarriage. I've been bleeding for a few days now (lightly) but he made it pretty clear that sometime in the next week or so I will go into an active miscarriage.
It's just so confusing how that can all be happening when my little bean is growing like it should be.
I'll update if anything changes but at least I have somewhat of an answer now as to what is going on with my pregnancy.

Thank you for the replies.

So sorry you're having to go through this xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"