So.. can i do it now?!

flower01

Expecting Baby 3!!
Reaction score
can i can i?!

i havent dyed my hair since february!!!!!!!!! on advice from my midwife saying "dont do it at this stage in your pregnancy" that was at 16 weeks.

So my lovely chocolate brown locks are now a mousy light brown with light bits here and there kinda colour!

im dying to dye it and look normal again! (excuse the pun!)

do you think im allowed yet or shall i just wait til bubs is born?!

xxxxxxxx

i had a conversation with my hairdresser the other day

i've not dyed mine since November, all my bloody greys are looking hideous! she said that she'd actually recommend me to have my hair done now before baby is here as afterwards my hormones will be all over the place and the colour might not take properly

i think it all comes down to personal preference, i'm just gonna wait and see how long my grey hairs get, lol

although i really do want to get it done, just can't be arsed to sit around that long! and also when baby is here my hair is just going straight up into a ponytail as i'm not gonna give a rats arse what i look like!

I dyed mine after I passed the first trimester. Mind you I was pretty nervous not knowing if the horomones would give me a funky color, but it was normal. Go ahead.

I've had scalp bleaches all the way through:blush: I spoke to my hairdresser about it when I first found out and she couldn't see any reason why it would affect the baby and she dyed a lot of pregnant womens hair :)

i never stopped dyin ,mine
i figured my obgyn would tell me something if it was bad.
and am a blond so i have to do my roots often

Good question, I'm dying to do my blond high lights again as my natural color is blackish BLAH! Looks all golden and cute but kind of scared to do it as I was told something about hormones and it might not come out the same colore.

Decided to wait until after my baby girl comes.

I did mine last week and felt 10000000 times better :D

go for it!

I get mine done every 3 months had it done in january april and july so far and my next appointment is end of this month before baby comes in october. I get highlights done with bleach and the underside done dark im naturally blonde thank god so roots arent that bad but i dont see it being a problem at all. I have also heard getting it done after not the best idea because of hormones

Colour away hun, The amount absorbed into the system is sooooooo minimal that it doesn't matter what tri your in really. Some people just like scaring others .

i've coloured my hair around 6/7 times during this preg so far & im about to do it again tomorrow :)

Dizzy you always know just what to say i think alot of people scare on here im sure without meaning to but man i see alot of things that would frighten me if i wasnt so relaxed about it all

i dyed mine throughout, didnt have any problems (apart from buying the wrong shade of dye and not realising until too late). my MW said its fine to do whilst pregnant.

I dyed mine last week the 1st time in ages, i had so many grey hairs lol! My sisters a hairdresser and she dyes womens hair when there pregnant as theres no hard evidence to say its bad in pregnancy.

I've found pregnancy has done wonders for my hair, it seems darker, glossier and looks good down for a change :rofl: I was always told not to dye hair in pregnancy , especially early on but I haven't a clue about it.

I've been dying my hair since I got my BFP, I just cant stand to look at the grey roots lol! I've not had any funky colour ways tho due to hormones but I've heard it can happen.
I'd say go fer it, make yourself feel good, and remember, it could be the only chance you get for a while, especially once LO gets here!

I spoke to my HD about this. She said the only reason they don't like to dye hair during pregnancy is because hair is unpredictable.

Example: She put highlights in the hair of one of her regular clients, She foiled her, put her under the dryer and set the timer for the normal amount of time. After 10 mins something niggled her to check the hair, she took a foil off and the hair was WHITE. It had taken and developed really quickly due to the hormones etc.

I have let mine go. I only go a little lighter anyways, so it doesn't look bad. I was always told never to dye my hair while pregnant. Thinking its a US thing to say that. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->