So close and yet so far...

DiabeticMommy

Reaction score
Hi,

OH and I had been hoping to start trying to conceive DC2 in January. We have a DS who is 16months old and everything was going well. We had been to the Dr and had got the all clear to start trying early (We have to have 3 months pre-pregnancy counselling because of my diabetes).

Everything was set and ready to go and then life happened...I lost my job and everything has gone downhill with it :cry:

I don't want to go and get pregnant without having the security of work/maternity pay etc and feel as though I had been waiting (trying to be patient) and now that we've got to the next phase, everything has gone belly up.

I guess that I should be thankful that I'm not in the position that I have DS, one on the way and no source of income (of my own). DH has a good, secure career, but mortgages etc take up a lot of what comes in.

I just feel that I was almost across the WTT finish line and now am back at square 1. :nope:

I hope that I will have a new job to keep my mind off TTC for a few months at least, but given that as soon as I returned to work after maternity leave, I was besotted with the idea of TTC no. 2, I doubt that it will help much.

Has anyone got any ideas of what I can do to take my mind off being so completely broody and head over heels in love with the idea of expecting again?

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'd be devastated if I had to push back TTC because of something unavoidable.

I think the best thing for you to fill your time and keep your mind off TTC is to apply apply apply for jobs! Really pour yourself into it. I don't know what career field you're in, but maybe now would be the time to look at getting certifications or taking a few classes too.

Keep your head up - the time will come!

Thanks Prettybirdy27,

I'm about as qualified as I can be, I'm a lawyer, so now its just about trying to keep myself interested in finding something new, but how mundane is looking for work when I compare it to what I could be doing right now? I know I've already got the best job in the world, being mommy to my gorgeous little boy. I just need to try and get excited by the legal world again, but DS has shown me the error of my previous thinking.

I just needed to vent really. OH knows how broody I am, and shares my feelings to a certain degree, but I must drive him baby mad! I feel like I'm in mourning for something that never existed.

Hopefully its just a set back and things can get underway soon, I think I might need to repeat that mantra to myself every now and then!

I know how you feel, we are ttc in December but I might be losing my job in April, we have decided we have waited long enough and are ttc anyway but it's gone from being perfect to being scary because if I don't get a new job it's going to be next to impossible when pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->