So confused after ultrasound to check ovulation

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
I've had three losses this year. The only other thing that the doctor could think of was that maybe I'm ovulating too late in my cycle and that's what is causing the losses. So I had an ultrasound today (CD14) and the lady doing the ultrasound said that I am going to ovulate out of my left ovary (same as last month) but that I wasn't going to actually ovulate for at least a week. How is she able to tell that? There was one large follicle and the rest were smaller looking. Does anyone know anything about this? The doctor won't be back into the office until Tuesday so I have to wait for his answer until then.

Ps) my cycle lengths are 29-31 days long.

I am not sure about your ultrasounds question, sorry...but just wanted to tell you that the same thing is happening to me. I have been pregnant 3 times, but had one successful pregnancy and I am pretty it is because I went through fertility treatments where they give you progesterone for the second part of your cycle to lengthen that phase and support pregnancy. I ovulate a little too late in my cycle as well and it is so frustrating. I hope you get the answers you are looking for next week!

Thanks, the doctor said I would get Clomid to make me ovulate at the right time if I was ovulating too late. I'm just worried the dr is going to be like "oh that's not THAT late in your cycle though" I really want the Clomid and Progesterone!!

I would think that they would be very open to helping you. It sounds like you have been through a lot, so I hope they give you what you need...:)

They can tell by the size of the follicle , I think average growth is like 1mm a day and and ovulation follicle shoul be about 20mm so if you were say 13mm ov would be 7 days away.

Ohhh okay. I didn't know that, thanks for the info. I took an ovulation test tonight and it's noticeably darker. Usually when mine are this dark, it becomes positive within 24 hours. We'll BD tonight anyway just to be safe. Here is a pic: top is from last night, middle from this morning and bottom from tonight. (I'm trying to get the pic to attach, it might not work)

Hmm that's odd! I have trouble detecting o too so I just bd every other day,,were the BFPs you got often late after AF due? Cos that would back up late ovulation.

Yes, two of my BFPs were first detected over a week after AF was due and I KNOW I conceived my second loss on CD26 because that's the only time that month I had sex (well CD26 and after). I brought that up to my doc and he said since all my other tests are normal, that's probably the only thing left it could be because I already have two live children with the same partner so he doesn't think it's a genetic issue. He said he's going to prescribe me Clomid if I'm ovulating too late, but he wanted to check to see if I actually needed it first because he says there is a risk of triplets for me if I take it (because I already ovulate on my own and my brother and sister are twins). I'm just afraid he's going to be like "well a week late isn't TOO late" or something. Urgh guess I just have to wait until Tues to see what he says! Oh and I took another OPK this morning and it's the same as last night, maybe a little lighter. So the ultrasound lady was probably right :/

Okay now I'm even more confused because I just took another OPK and got this: (the bottom one) I know it's not quite positive but I think it's safe to say that's close enough & it's going to be pos tonight or tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 6
Yeah that bottom test looks good to me, as you say its damn close to the colour of control line...i'd get BDing... Baby dust hun. Oh i got my pos OPK this morning too so i'll be stalking x

Stacey - we should be buddies this cycle! I got a blaring +OPK an hour after I took that one posted above (I'll attach it here). Which days did you bd this cycle? We're doing the SMEP :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
I had a CP last cycle and also had an ultrasound visit for some unrelated pinching that I was afraid might be ectopic. (It wasn't. Just muscular.)

My ultrasound on Monday showed 7-8 large follicles per ovary. It didn't seem to me like any of them were shrinking yet, but my ovaries were swollen, so that was soon to come. We only dtd on Friday and I still had a CP, so I can only imagine that you would ovulate sooner than a week from then if you could see a dominant follicle, since I couldn't see a dominant follicle and ovulated 5-6 days later.

Of course, everyone's different.

Yeah sounds like a plan hun...hopefully itll be a lucky cycle for us both. We BD 2 nights ago and last night. My CM isnt as watery today so pretty sure i O'd through the night so fingers crossed we've timed it well. I'm not too keyed up on SMEP, does thay mean you BD when you get pos OPK do sperm meet egg in tube?xx

Oh and meant to say, that opk was a fab positive x

Well now I'm more confused than ever. I posted a different thread about it too but my doctor's nurse called and said that the doctor reviewed my ultrasound and it doesn't appear that i'll ovulate for at least a week (like what the ultrasound lady said) so i'm probably out this month. I have an appt Nov 8th right before my next AF is due to discuss/start Clomid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->