So confused and don't know what to think.

PandaNose

Reaction score
I was due AF Sunday 30th, she didn't arrive so I took a test because I was getting weird pinching sensations and I got a very faint bfp, come Monday morning, I had started bleeding, I've had 2 chemical pregnancies so I instantly assumed Game Over.
The bleeding only lasted for 2 days and it was fairly light, so my mum told me to do another test on the Wednesday, which I got another faint bfp, went to the clinic, tested negative there, by this Monday just gone, the tests looked negative for me too.
The problem is I'm still getting lots of cramping, stretching type pains, pinching and pressure in my lower back, sorry TMI my vagina walls have also been very swollen and hard. I went to the EPU and she said test again in a couple of weeks because it might "come back" and I thought she was being cruel by giving me false hope. She struggled to find my cervix because it was so high up and went she eventually found it she said it was closed, and asked if anyone has struggled to find it before, which they haven't.
Has anyone had any experiences similar? What happened? I don't know what to think and I'm considering paying to get a scan just for my peace of mind. Thank you.

I've also read lots of stories about "Vanishing Twin Syndrome" and women who never properly get a bfp, are these common?

I think it's worth you asking for a quantitative blood test. This will give you an actual number of hCG in your blood, if there is any. A qualitative blood test is like a urine test and has a threshold, usually 25miu I think, which may be too high if you are pregnant and it's early.
It is possible to be pregnant with twins and to lose a twin but the other is fine. A friend of mine is a twin, but her mother lost her sibling early on and bled, she thought she miscarried but of course she hadn't.
Having said this, I would expect a test to darken as the days go on when you have had a positive test. I don't know how this goes with twin pregnancies when losing a twin, I don't know how this could affect tests and levels of hCG, so I think a blood test is sensible

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->