So confused! Interpretation, please?

Orglethorp

Reaction score
Alright, so this is my first cycle TTC (and also my first cycle off BCP). I'm currently CD22, and my pre-BCP cycles were 33-35 days in length on average, but on BCP I was very well regulated at 28 days, right down to the minute.

Monday eventing (CD20) some left-side cramping started, and it felt different than all the odd, brief cramps and whatnot that's been happening since going off BCP. That morning my temp was my average and my CM was the sort of clear, watery, barely there sort that I'm used to seeing. (No BD that night, but 4 of the previous 5 nights before this point)

Tuesday (yesterday, CD21) my temp was significantly higher than it's been all month (including my "just for comparison" occasional evening temps) and my CM was definitely changing. While checking my CM, I noticed that things definitely felt warmer than usual, too. Cramps, by then feeling undoubtedly like my pre-BCP ovulation pains felt like, continued all day. In the evening my CM was plentiful, creamy and slightly white in colour. (We did BD that night.)

Wednesday (this morning, CD22), my temp is ever so slightly lower than my average, and my CM has gone back to clear, watery and barely there. My cervix is high and clamped shut tighter than a high security prison.

Assuming I have a typical 14-day LP, then O on CD21 would indicate a 35 day cycle, which sounds about right for me, BUT this is cycle #1 post-BCP...

Did I O? Does the change in temp & CM this morning mean we missed it, or is it too early to tell? *so confused*

I to have just come off bcp. I think the first cycle really is a see what happens,cycle as mine has been all over the place... Hope u get ur bfp soon xxx

Thanks for the reply :)

Anyone else?

It's hard to say. I came off BCP on at the end of February this year, and I was so sure I O'd 15 days after my last withdrawal bleed started on March 10th (all the symptoms, including ovulation pain), and then AF didn't come until Oct. 26th (yes, that is ~7,5 months before getting a period) In all fairness, my cycles were really irregular before BCP, but I think coming off of BCP is really a "Wait and See" time. The body does weird things.

Good Luck :hugs:

On the BCP my cycles were 28 days and my periods would always come at the same time in the morning. I stopped my BCP mid-pack sometime in May, had a breakthrough bleed and possibly a period as well... I'm not sure but I bled for almost 2 weeks. My cycles after were like this:

First cycle off BCP: unsure
30 days, + OPK CD16&17, no BBT to determine O, began with 6 day af
26 days, + OPK CD13&14, O CD15, began with 5 day af
25 days, + OPK CD 11,12&13, O CD13, began with 5 day af
26 days, no OPK or BBT to determine O, began with 4 day af
28 days, + OPK CD14&15, O CD16, began with short 2 day af
Current cycle began with another short 2 day af, I'm on CD7 today

Anyone experience short :af: after coming off the BCP? I'm so confused, as my af was normal for me the first few months then suddenly super short?!?! :shrug:

Have you been using OPKs? If you are charting, can you post your chart? That'd help alot! With this being your first cycle off BCP things could change, as they clearly did and still are for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->