So confused, just need to talk

Kaymumof2

Reaction score
Hi everyone, didn't think I'd be posting on here again for myself as I'm not ttc. However me and DH had an accident a few weeks ago and now af is late! AF was due 12thOct and is a no show. I keep cramping like I'm about too then nothing. I have been quite stressed lately so thinking that is probably why! I did test fri/sat and test was negative was a blue Tesco test so not sure how reliable they are?? Don't have many symptoms, been real tired but again I've been stressed so could be why. I do have more discharge down below than normal though.....
Really feel silly typing this as even at this moment I'm cramping and I've had a neg pregnancy test few days ago so I really shouldn't be here! But I guess I just needed someone to talk too....DH is lovely but doesn't really get all the in's and out's of how the female body works during AF or suspected pregnancies! Soooo I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or can just tell me how stupid I'm being, as I can't be pregnant after neg test and cramping.....can I.....?

Any advice greatly received!

Take another test, for sure. I tested when a couple days late for AF and it was negative. Then yesterday, at 4-5 days late, boom. BFP. It's possible.

Take another test, for sure. I tested when a couple days late for AF and it was negative. Then yesterday, at 4-5 days late, boom. BFP. It's possible.

Thank you for you're reply. And a huge congratulations on you're BFP I wish you a H&H 9 months!! I'm thinking of going to get another test in a minute....just feel really silly for testing. But it's been 40 days since my last period.....

Hello,

I advice you to take another test in few days if AF does not show.
If you have a lot of stress it is sure it can cause a delay in your periods.
I experienced 3 weeks delay few months ago and was very confused and frustrated (I was not ttc yet) because tests were negative. And once on vacations my AF came. Sometimes you just need to relax to make AF starts.

Good luck,
I hope we will feel relieved soon because not knowing is the worst!

You could have ovulated late in your cycle which would explain the late AF. Many things can delay ovulation. Try not to stress. Take another test if your cycle still doesn't show in a week or two or you get a positive test call your ob/gyn.

Thanks ladies for you're replies! So an update, AF still hasn't started and I tested about 3 days ago and again BFN. Tried to get a DR appointment today but they are fully booked (helpful I know) sooooo I am none the wiser! Keep feeling like it's going to start then it doesn't! Felt abit sickly lately and more tired but I just cannot be pregnant. Never been this late for AF even when stressed. Just wish I knew what's going on.....:shrug:

Sorry to hear that... I hope you're going to figure this out soon.

I kept testing and all negative until i was 8 weeks i finally got a positive.

Thank you for you're replies I'd be lost without all you ladies! Haven't tested since the last BFN but no AF still either! I'm really lte now never been this late! Was convinced the witch was coming yesterday as I was cramping a lot! But nothing...again! I'm worried there is something really wrong now.......

How frustrating! Have you tested again? Are you usually late? If not, then my money would be on a pregnancy that just isn't showing on the tests yet. You could make a gp appointment and ask for a blood test? I know they're not keen to do those but maybe you could convince them?

How frustrating! Have you tested again? Are you usually late? If not, then my money would be on a pregnancy that just isn't showing on the tests yet. You could make a gp appointment and ask for a blood test? I know they're not keen to do those but maybe you could convince them?

Hi there, Thanks for you're reply. I went to a walk in centre on sunday night and a nurse tested my urine and said BFN! And there is no trace of a urine infection etc so it's not that stopping my af! I have been a few days late before but never ever this late without a pregnancy. I'm so confused I don't know what's happened. Hope it's not early menopause?! I'm going to give it till Monday and if no af I'll see my GP

Have you tried to speak with your OB?

No I haven't. I did go to a walk in centre on Sunday night but the test was BFN so I can't really be pregnant can I? Surely would show by now. So worried something bad happening instead :shrug: Thank you for the reply

No I haven't. I did go to a walk in centre on Sunday night but the test was BFN so I can't really be pregnant can I? Surely would show by now. So worried something bad happening instead :shrug: Thank you for the reply

Try to not put yourself under too much pressure and just wait and see.
I know it is easy to say...
I've never been late, never! Expect the 2 first months after I removed my IUD... First cycle 3 weeks late... 2nd cycle 2 weeks late...
I called my OB who was telling my non hormonal IUD is not supposed to change anything to my cycle. I was extremely confused and frustrated!!!
My cycle went back to normal on the 3rd cycle. There is no explanation why I have been so late.
Maybe because we are so stressed by beginning TTC our bodies are overwhelmed...
And do you know when I got my AF (after 3 weeks late), the 3rd day I was on vacations. On the first day, I was so stressed that I cried. On the 2nd day I was starting to relax. On the 3rd day I was feeling so great and relaxed that I got my periods.
I know how frustrating it is to wait for AF and keep seeing BFN.
I really hope you're going to figure this out soon.
Good luck

Try to not put yourself under too much pressure and just wait and see.
I know it is easy to say...
I've never been late, never! Expect the 2 first months after I removed my IUD... First cycle 3 weeks late... 2nd cycle 2 weeks late...
I called my OB who was telling my non hormonal IUD is not supposed to change anything to my cycle. I was extremely confused and frustrated!!!
My cycle went back to normal on the 3rd cycle. There is no explanation why I have been so late.
Maybe because we are so stressed by beginning TTC our bodies are overwhelmed...
And do you know when I got my AF (after 3 weeks late), the 3rd day I was on vacations. On the first day, I was so stressed that I cried. On the 2nd day I was starting to relax. On the 3rd day I was feeling so great and relaxed that I got my periods.
I know how frustrating it is to wait for AF and keep seeing BFN.
I really hope you're going to figure this out soon.
Good luck

Oh wow our bodies really do odd thing's don't they? I've started to have a few "pregnancy" related symptoms now too probably my body being mean and playing tricks as I got a BFN sunday so I can't be pregnant. I'm just wishing I was!
Thank you for you're post and good luck to you too, hope all settles down for you and you get a lovely no doubt about it BFP!!

Hi ladies just to update you all, still no AF! But also no BFP either. Had serious eye line on some tests but it's just me wishing I guess! So I went to the DR today and she didn't examine me or anything. She took bloods but "not checking for pregnancy just hormones" and I have a pelvic scan booked for next Wednesday. I do "feel" pregnant. Weeing more, feeling sick, moody,tired. But no BFP to show for it. Just my body being cruel :( Anybody else going through the same thing? Could really use someone to talk too, DH is amazing but again I think all this "woman talk" baffles him! Any advice or stories you wish to share please feel free. Going insane here!

Last AF was 11th September so extremely late now which isn't like me at all. Just wish I knew what was happening:shrug:

Hi ladies just to update you all, still no AF! But also no BFP either. Had serious eye line on some tests but it's just me wishing I guess! So I went to the DR today and she didn't examine me or anything. She took bloods but "not checking for pregnancy just hormones" and I have a pelvic scan booked for next Wednesday. I do "feel" pregnant. Weeing more, feeling sick, moody,tired. But no BFP to show for it. Just my body being cruel :( Anybody else going through the same thing? Could really use someone to talk too, DH is amazing but again I think all this "woman talk" baffles him! Any advice or stories you wish to share please feel free. Going insane here!

Last AF was 11th September so extremely late now which isn't like me at all. Just wish I knew what was happening:shrug:

I am very sorry to hear that.
I am sorry I cannot give you any advice, especially if your dr does not listen to you... Do you know what kind of hormones she wants to check in your blood? Does she think about thyroid hormones or anything like that?

So frustrating she did not listen to you better. I hope you get an answer soon. I have no suggestions. :hugs:

I am very sorry to hear that.
I am sorry I cannot give you any advice, especially if your dr does not listen to you... Do you know what kind of hormones she wants to check in your blood? Does she think about thyroid hormones or anything like that?

Hi thanks for you're reply. Yes extremely frustrating! I think she is checking for thyroid and similar. Just an answer one way or another would be nice

So ladies the witch got me this morning and man has she come with avengence!! So I am not pregnant which I am really sad about and now DH doesn't seem sure about trying because I go through so much :cry: I will still keep my scan for next week and hopefully can find out why AF was so late in the first place! Thanks for all you're support during this, be lost without this forum! Baby dust to you all and good luck too all November testers!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->