So confused please help!

Doublej1124

Reaction score
Hello every one

This is my first post here, so i apologize if i sound very uneducated about this stuff, but its because I am..

I am 26 years old. back in 2011 i went in to get a rather large ovarian cyst removed and thats when my doctor diagnosed me with endometriosis. I have always had regular periods ( every 28 days) and i still do. they are defiantly VERY painful, but always regular.

I went in for an ultrasound yesterday because of some pain ive been having, and the tech said she saw a few small cycts, that my endometrium was thick , and that she saw my "follicle".

I know that it should be thick because i am due to start my period in 2 days and she said its supposed to be thick, but then i asked what a follicle is and if you should be able to see it, then she cut me off and said she cant say anything else i will have to wait for the doctor to call me with the results

can ANYONE tell me what that means?! my boyfriend and I are going to start TTC VERY SOON and I am worried now that something else is wrong.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Not to worry, the follicle is what holds the egg while it is maturing, and basically pops open to release the egg for ovulation.
Hopefully all is well :)

Thank you for replying!!

I do feel much better after hearing that!

But should it be there if i am due for af in 2 days?

I thought i was pregnant but my blood test came back negative on monday

Well the stays there (it's called the Corpus Luteum) after ovulation.
I guess they would just check the size but it sounds normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->