So confused! Pos OPK CD30...

M&S+Bump

M & S + Baby Joe = Family
Reaction score
I'm all manner of confused right now..

I've been obsessively peeing on sticks for the last few days. My coil (copper type, no hormones) was removed 25th Feb, and AF/coil removal bleeding stopped 28th, after two weeks of bleeding (not usual!)

My boobs hurt, I've had cramping and twitching and I've been absolutely exhausted - but bar a few shadows which could be evaps, every stick has been BFN.

My new batch of HPTs arrived today, along with some OPKs I ordered for next month, so being the addict I am, I peed on one of each straight away :haha: BFN, but a glaring positive on the OPK! The first positive one I've ever had, but unmistakable!

Hurrah, methinks - I've heard that could indicate pregnancy.

A few hours later, I did another test, and the OPK was negative but still visible. Later still, there was a line, but only just!

So.. what's your thoughts? If the +opk indicated pregnancy, surely the next two should have been positive too? Am I only just ovulating now, on CD30?!? (Irregular cycles are nothing new, tbf, I have PCOS, but they've not been that bad since the last baby was born) We've BD'd every day or every other day as usual so I'm covered, but if I'm 0DP today, it means I have something to count from :happydance:

The obvious answer to it all is of course to wait two weeks and test if no AF, but we all know that's no fun! :winkwink:

Hello! OPKs will turn positive with pregnancy but only after a HPT. When I first went off BCP I was turning OPKs positive left and right, for days at a time. I knew something wasn't right. As it turns out I have PCOS. Many women with PCOS don't bother with OPKs because they get too many false positives due to hormone imbalances. Just wait it out and see what happens. Your body is probably just taking time to regulate after getting your coil removed. You may find that OPKs are reliable for you, you will just have to give it time and keep on testing and charting and of course keep on BDing!

Yeh, I didn't use them before, tried for a few months as part of trying to fall pregnant first time round, but they would go up and down and always had lines but never positive. Never blank either. My hormone tests came back slightly wonky and I stopped using them because I read that they don't work for us PCOS'ers.

Cycles have been appearing fairly steadily since babies though, so I'm living in hope that my system has been switched off and rebooted with a few back to back pregnancies.

I wanna know nooooowwww! :hissy: Waiting and charting and trying to regulate is no fun!

Sounds like you caught an LH surge. If you're still waiting to ovulate, then I'd assume you'll probably ovulate 12-36 hours from the time of that positive result. If you're waiting on either AF or your BFP any day now, it could actually (and unfortunately) be a sign that AF is coming. I've had blaring positives on opks right before AF myself, during my 2 anovulatory cycles when I was testing every 1-3 days wondering if/when O would happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->