So confused with fertility monitoring!!! Help!!!

pinkdaisy87

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's my first month using my clearblue monitor and today (cd12) I have shown peak!

I have taken those little cardboard opk's also today and they don't show positive at all but my clearblue stick was definitely positive.

I was confused so decided to use another clearblue stick this afternoon and just look at the test without entering into the monitor and the test is no longer showing as strong as it was this morning

So confused!! Is that because it has to be the first urine of the day!!??

Help much appreciated xxx

All I can tell you is that you should nto read the sticks - only the monitor can. That's listed many times, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to interpret them yourself...

If you really want to be careful - I would BD during the cbfm Peak and keep using OPK's and the BD when you get the +opk. Just in case!

The first month on the cbfm might not be as accurate as future months but then again your opk could be faulty or your mid-day urine might not be concentrated enough - what time do you test with them? Maybe you would have gotten a peak opk at say 4 p.m. and it was gone when u tested today but cbfm picked it up?

Do you bbt chart? You would know for sure which was correct if your temp went up...

Good luck!

Hi all,

It's my first month using my clearblue monitor and today (cd12) I have shown peak!

I have taken those little cardboard opk's also today and they don't show positive at all but my clearblue stick was definitely positive.

I was confused so decided to use another clearblue stick this afternoon and just look at the test without entering into the monitor and the test is no longer showing as strong as it was this morning

So confused!! Is that because it has to be the first urine of the day!!??

Help much appreciated xxx

Hi sweetie,

Firstly OPKS don't have to have the first urine of the day, in fact they recommend you to test late morning or early afternoon. I got my first PEAK CD14 after only having one HIGH CD13. I also take OPKS tests, and they've been totally out of sync with my monitor. For example today, I've got a positive OPK but my monitor is stating a 'low' fertility status!

I'm going off the monitor as I think it's lot more reliable than the OPKS, and I don't think they can always be reliant.

Hope this helps. X

Thanks so much sunny for ur help x and to im3898 x it's so confusing all of this

Good luck!!!! Yes it's very confusing, if you need anything else, just ask. This forum is amaze!

It's alllllllll confusing but HOPEFULLY it's all to help us get our :bfp: sooner!!!! :dust:

I def love the monitor. It is so much easier to use & I feel less stress. Sometimes it gives you more time than a regular OPK. Def try not to get too frustrated & read too much into it. Also, you don't want to get in to that test taking addiction. I know we have a lot of those on the forums, but I think it just causes more stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->