so confused

mommyto2kk

Reaction score
  • Hi I had a D&C on april 30th after finding no heartbeat baby stopped growing at 8 1/2 weeks and I should have been 10 weeks. last thursday 05/28/2015 the blood HCG level was 2 today i took Early Response and there was a faint line... took EPT no line... not sure what to think... can the FR test pick up the hcg of 2???? someone please help me? I called the doc and they want me to wit till thursday for another HCG... we have not used protection and would love to be pregnant again.

It picks up from 12hcg..but it can vary either way, im so sorry about ur loss . Good luck

I wish I had an answer for you but just wanted to say good luck and I'm sorry for you loss! FX for this time xx

It indeed a confusing situation. I read first response early response test detects the HCG as low as 6.5 mlU/ml whereas ept can detect upto 40 mlU/ml. I think from your data, you are yet to get your first period after D&C. So, if you have dtd during these days, there could be a chance that you are pregnant and your hCG is rising. In early pregnancy, HCG levels usually double every 2-3 days with an increase of at least 60% in every two days. But again, this depends on the individual woman and whether she is carrying one or more embryos. Are you getting any other symptoms, like tender boobs, morning sickness etc. Let us know how you get on with the test.
I hope you have done both tests with first morning urine. Experts advice to avoid trying to conceive before you had at least one menstrual cycle following a D&C procedure. The first cycle after D&C is usually late and home pregnancy test is expected to test positive.
Did you perform follow up scan after procedure? There is also small chance that they might have left a little and that’s why you keep getting positive pregnancy tests for a few days even after D&C. Don’t worry, you may pass it naturally in your next AF but make sure you discuss with your doctors.

Sbmason34 I did not have a repeat scan just keep following my blood HCG levels. you are correct I dd not have my first period as of yet so there is always a chance I may be pregnant. I did call the doc and they were surprised any test would show positive yesterday as the blood HCG was last Thursday. I am actually going in tomorrow to have it checked again. I really hope its up and I am pregnant but I'm trying to be reasonable. I took two tests this morning with FMU one Clear BLUE and one EPT both Negative so I then took First response ... still showing positive. I have never had really any symptoms with pregnancy but the only reason I tested was nausea off and on for a few days. Also about a week and a half ago I had cramping and some very faint brown discharge in the morning when I wiped for three mornings) sorry if TMI, but thats it. I quess now I am worried there is something wrong with me.

Very possible u are preggo. I'd say that over a month post d&c it's not as likely to be left over hcg but that is possible I guess so I'm glad the doctor is keeping an eye on you. Hopefully it's a new pregnancy for u. Any photos of the tests?? Xxx

No pic of test but I can probably get one later tonight... actually the doc just called she wants to do the blood work today in case it comes back prego.... that way she can try to see me this week as I am considered high risk.... crossing my fingers... thanks for the positive vibes ladies.

Dollybird... I was yo ualso had a loss around the same time as me... are things back to normal with your cycle?

when i once miscarried and as i was waiting for my beta to confirm miscarriage, i took a hpt (a one that detects hcg at 40mIU/ml) and the test turned positive. An hour later, i got my beta result and it was 11. i was confused how the test showed positive at time when my hcg levels were only 11. i don't know if there's some explanation to this

After a pregnancy (or miscarraige), you are still very fertile for a period of time. It's possible that you got pregnant right away. It's also possible that they didn't get everything when they did the D&C. I had a miscarriage last May at 10 weeks (also no heartbeat :( ). In my situation however, my hcg took a few months to drop down to normal. I had a partial molar pregnancy, which is pretty rare, and some of the abnormal cells, grew into my uterin wall. When i had the D&C, they got everything they could see, but didnt know I had some "overgrowth". My levels started rising again and I ended up having to see an oncologist. Thankfully, I didn't have to do any treatment and it went away on its own. But it's still pretty scary. I don't say this to freak you out. As I said, a partial molar pregnancy is pretty rare. I just hope someone can benefit from some info like this.
An hcg as low as two is more likely be to another pregnancy. I hope it is! :)

I'd take another test tomorrow and see if it is getting darker. If it is that would indicate your HCG is rising and you are pregnant.

Dollybird... I was yo ualso had a loss around the same time as me... are things back to normal with your cycle?

No not yet :cry: still no af.. But my cycles are never regular anyways as I have PCOS. I had one last year that lasted four months!! Argh. The cycle I fell preggo I didn't ovulate till cd26. So I was expecting it to take awhile this cycle. We've dtd a few times since the mc unprotected but we're not trying as such so don't think I'll fall preggo this cycle either xxx

Keep us updated on how your bloods go!

Well ladies there was no change in the hcg the HPT is still coming pregnant... not any darker though.... she wants to recheck the HCG next week. Thanks for the support ladies.

Well ladies there was no change in the hcg the HPT is still coming pregnant... not any darker though.... she wants to recheck the HCG next week. Thanks for the support ladies.

I never thought I would be so happy to have AF here. But I was so worried something was wrong with my body. I am excited to start the ovulation tracking ... this is something I have never done what kits work best? and what are the most reliable..

Glad af is here for u! Still no af for me.. Thought it was coming as I had loads cramps but my body must still be trying to get back on track! I tend to use the cheap opks off amazon! I used the smileys for a bit but the last time I fell preggo I never got a smiley on it, despite getting a pos cheap amaZon test and falling preggo (so I must've ovulated!) xxx

Dollybird, I too had loads of cramps mine were two weeks off and on prior to AF... I hope yours arrives to. I am going to look on amazon today... We so desperately want to conceive and I am hoping we can quickly if I track... any tips for me as I have never tracked ovulation before? Thanks and thinking of you.

Well my one tip is test twice a day if u can. Most people don't get their lh peak till after lunchtime so if u tested in the morning u might miss it. I tend to test morning, mid afternoon and evening so I don't miss it as I have a short surge. That's the great thing about the cheap Amazon tests it means u can do that. You've fallen preggo before so no doubt u will again so try not to stress. :hugs: I am also now taking preconceived tabs and evening primrose oil as well as garlic supplements to help my fertility, and I have hubby on preconceive tabs for men and garlic capsules. Garlic is meant to prevent dna "mutations" within the sperm that can cause miscarriage. Hope all goes well for u! Keep in Touch I'd love to hear how u get on! Xxx

Well my one tip is test twice a day if u can. Most people don't get their lh peak till after lunchtime so if u tested in the morning u might miss it. I tend to test morning, mid afternoon and evening so I don't miss it as I have a short surge. That's the great thing about the cheap Amazon tests it means u can do that. You've fallen preggo before so no doubt u will again so try not to stress. :hugs: I am also now taking preconceived tabs and evening primrose oil as well as garlic supplements to help my fertility, and I have hubby on preconceive tabs for men and garlic capsules. Garlic is meant to prevent dna "mutations" within the sperm that can cause miscarriage. Hope all goes well for u! Keep in Touch I'd love to hear how u get on! Xxx

SO far no surge.... things got strange... I started to bleed again??? now i have spotted very very faintly for a couple of days :( wishing I could figure out my cycle....

Aw wish things where clearer for u! I've still not had af!! Nearly 8 weeks since my d&c! However I done some opks a couple of weeks ago and got a pos which has since faded out so I think I must have just ovulated mega late. I figure I'm about 7dpo today. So only a week to go. We Dtd around my fertile time so in the tww again which is a bit surreal but I don't think I will be preg this cycle I think my body is probably still to messed up xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->