So confused!

DuckyBlue

Reaction score
Is this positive or negative?

Here's some background information. Usually I stay clear of ovulation tests as I really don't understand them! This month we started using the Clearblue digital ovulation tests, the ones that show both high and peak fertility. My cycles are crazily irregular so I may be testing too early possibly, but started testing on day 10. Had a blank circle (low fertility) show up every day until day 15, when I got the first flashing face (high fertility). It's been flashing faces ever since, even though 2 of my period apps are now telling me I'm supposed to ovulate tomorrow! I'm yet to see the still smiley face (peak fertility).

ANYWAY, I found this cheap test lying around from a couple of months ago when I stopped using them because they confused me. It has 2 lines on it, so does that mean it's positive or not??

20200208_120226.jpg

Sorry, don't know how to edit a post but wanted to add I'm on day 19 of my cycle now

They usually do have a second line on them as we've all got a bit of that hormone in our bodies at any time. When it goes darker than the control line then it's positive for ovulation. At the moment that will be negative.
Fingers crossed for you :)

Today the line is even lighter!! Does this mean I may have ovulated already? I do think I may have as I had cramps a few days ago, but I'm just so confused!
Also the Clearblue digital test is saying "high" but ice read online that it doesn't always show "peak" on the first cycle it's used - is that true?

20200209_094935.jpg

You could have already ovulated before any of the tests maybe

You could have already ovulated before any of the tests maybe
The Clearblue test showed a blank circle (apparently meaning low fertility) for the first few days I was testing, and then a flashing smiley (which means high). The first day if the "high" was on Tuesday which was day 15 of this cycle, and we had sex on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. I had cramps on Thursday I think it was (may have started friday but I don't remember!) until yesterday so I'm fairly sure I ovulated, but I also know as my cycles are all over the place that it could be too early to be testing. I'm unsure whether to keep testing or not?
This is one of the reasons I stopped using ovulation tests, because I don't fully understand how they work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->