So constipated :(

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
I've always suffered from it but now is probably not the best time! Gave birth 2 weeks ago and was given episiotomy which is healing ok now after struggling the first week with it reopening. I'm feeling lots better with the stitches but do have pain from the grazes which still sting!

My constipation is really bad and nothing seems to work! I'm drinking lots of prune juice, I'm probably not eating that well as I barely remember to even eat at times.

I just don't know what to do as the straining is putting pressure on the stitched up area and causing pain :( I'm using suppositories which really isn't doing much either :/

Any advice?

Drink lots of water as well and have a fiber rich Cereal for breakfast. Doing these things have helped me.

I took a stool softener daily to prevent straining for probably 6 weeks after the baby was born. I didn't have an episiotomy, but I had a very complicated second degree tear. I thought I was going to have to be on stool softener a forever but eventually I was able to go on my own.

I feel ur pain, I've been having extreme constipation with hemmoriod bleeding. I haven't been eating the best either, but I find a hot cup of water with lemon first thing helps. Also like they said, High fiber cereal and fruit. I take 2x sodium docusate a day and chewable fiber supplements as well. If I do all that I can poop like a normal person ;) Hoping it gets better soon! Take care of yourself!

Thanks for all the tips ladies :)

Cornfield, sorry your suffering too! It's bloody awful isn't it?

It's still really bad over here and hurts so much! Think I'm gonna make apt with the dr as I got tmi really bad hemmorhoids which also made the pain of labour a lot worse!

It's the worst! I dread every bowl movement :( have you tried Metamucil? It helps a bit.

get something from the doctor you shouldn't have to suffer hugs xx

So I did go Drs and she prescribed some laxatives sachets, suppose to take once or twice daily and so far so good! I try remind myself to take it daily by simply thinking about the consequences lol.

Cornfield did you go to see the Dr ?

Oh I'm so glad your not suffering as much! No I haven't gone yet. Have a post pardum check up in a few weeks. It seems to be getting better, just my hemorrhoid burns after alot. I didn't have any vaginal trama with the birth so I'm grateful for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->