So convinced your preg, then your not - find out why....

loopdido

Mum to 2
Reaction score
Found this on a website!

Feeling pregnant? Maybe you have been trying to get pregnant for a while and have months when you think you’re pregnant, only to find out that, nope, you’re not. If yes, you are not alone.

The experience of feeling pregnant when trying to get pregnant isn’t uncommon. Spend any time on fertility message boards, and you’re bound to hear members refer to "imaginary pregnancy symptoms." You probably have experienced imaginary pregnancy symptoms yourself.
Imaginary Pregnancy Symptoms

Imaginary Pregnancy Symptoms (IPS) are exactly what they sound like — symptoms a woman experiences that make her think that she may be pregnant. Don’t expect to hear your doctor use the term IPS; it’s not a technical term. The phrase was invented on fertility message boards around the world as a loving way to refer to those “symptoms” that make us feel pregnant.

The time between ovulation and your expected period is when you’re most likely to be anxious about whether or not this month will be the month. It’s natural to assume that you may imagine some early pregnancy symptoms, such as tender breasts, fatigue, bloating, emotional sensitivity, light cramping and even food cravings. Much like an oasis in the desert, you want to be pregnant so much that you’re sure you can feel it.
Feeling Pregnant — Not Completely Imaginary?

What may surprise you is that these feelings aren’t all in your head. They’re real reactions to the hormones in your body that are preparing for possible pregnancy. Our bodies are optimistic when it comes to pregnancy potential, and as soon as ovulation occurs, the body prepares itself for new life, even if conception did not take place.

One of the hormones responsible for many imaginary pregnancy symptoms is progesterone, which increases just after ovulation and drops when your period comes (if you’re not pregnant). Also, if you’re taking fertility drugs, their side effects can sometimes be mistaken for early pregnancy symptoms.

It’d be nice if we could just feel whether we’re pregnant or not, and it sure would cut down the anxiety of the 2-week wait. The symptoms of early pregnancy, though, are practically indistinguishable from normal premenstrual symptoms.
The Bottom Line on Feeling Pregnant

While your "pregnant feelings" aren't 100% imagined, you can feel worse the more you focus on the feelings. It helps to remind yourself that whether you feel pregnant or not, it doesn’t mean anything. Some women are sure they are pregnant, complete with throwing up in the morning, and then find out they’re not. Some women feel absolutely nothing and find out they’re pregnant after all.

The only way to know if you’re pregnant is to wait out the 2-week wait and take a pregnancy test when your period is overdue.

I've noticed I keep getting pregnancy symptoms in my 2ww, but I didn't before I had my miscarriage until the month I was actually pregnant. Think I just need to relax and ignore any symptoms x

This sounds like me!

I was SO convinced this time, sore boobies, moodyness, fatigue, but BFN again today, gutted again..........

Might just give up a bit too now. :)

Hey, I am experiencing "IPS" right now, at least i think I am... :rofl:
Its hard not to focus on them though....
Lets hope lots of ladies with these symptoms result in :bfp:.xxx

I wasn't well during the final one week wait i had a virus but as it was my one week wait i didn't realise i was poorly to me i had every pregnancy symptom going and even managed to be 3 days late i have never felt so disapppointed when AF showed, i'll never take any notice of any symptoms i get in the 2ww in future i can't put myself thru that again, good luck to everyone ttc x

Makes us all sound like a bunch of nutters!!!:rofl:

I hate that. I had all the symptoms..and then found out is was all from depression from NOT being pregnant. Im trying so hard! :( I was for sure this time!

I was SO sure this month... Even DH suggested I might be, friends at work too... But took the test today and it was a BFN.
:bfn: I'm so sick of this little guy, lol...

I agree, i had every and i mean EVERY symptom going last month. 2 :bfn: later i realised that I wasnt. It is absolutely right that you will only know if AF is late and you get a :bfp:.

Here is to no symptom spotting :rofl:

Good read! I agree though it does make TTc'er seem mad!!

:rofl: I think its this ttc business that is making me nuts! I try to ignore symptoms but
hubby isnt helping - he likes to focus on anything
and always asking how I am feeling,
etc. I have found I have to try to ignore him or I'd go
crazy! :ignore:

Yeah I had a massive fake preg this month. My doc was horrible and said I was "emotional" and gave me xanax which I refused to take because I was so sure I was pg and didnt want to hurt the baby. Well negative beta at 9dpo. That is early, yes but I charted beta patterns and I would not even be 300 by 7 days past AF. That is not only too low I guess to sustain a preg, but it is not normal. I should have shown something. I was just so sure. So I read about it alot and found that once you know you aren't you can recover. I slept well and woke up expecting to feel a little better. Nope. Still feel pg. Woke up today. Feel pg. Threw up last night. I DONT THINK IM PG GO AWAY! YOU ARE TRAUMATIZING ME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->