So cranky!

Beltane

Mother of 3 Boys!
Reaction score
My LO is so fussy and angry. It has been this way since he was about 3 weeks old. He just never seems happy =(
My first baby was all smiles all the time. This one is soooo miserable. I wish I could snap my fingers and make the colic go away. Is anyone else going through the same thing or been there? He sleeps, eats, and cries- that's all he does. I want some happy baby time! When he's not doing one of those things, he's fussing and upset. I rock him, swaddle him, talk to him, change him, use gas drops, gripe water, the swing, the bouncer, the playmat- everything you can think of. Still he is just SO unhappy. :cry:

You have no idea how happy I am to see that someone else is in the same boat as me!!! I have noooo suggestions tho!! LeeAnne is a VERY fussy baby!! She maybe has 10 minutes everyday where she is in a decent mood, otherwise she eats, sleeps and screams and fusses...she barely even sleeps anymore so its now a LOT of crying!! It can be sooooooooo draining as I feel like I am doing SOMETHING wrong...many girls have told me that LeeAnne could have Reflux rather then colic which I thought she had...but she has all the signs of reflux which can apparantly make a baby incredibly miserable, worse then colic...could your LO have reflux?!?
I hope your LO starts to become more happier as I know how tough it is :hugs:

I considered reflux and even gave him Mylanta but nothing is working. He is just so unhappy to be alive it seems. =(

:hugs: xxx

I hope his mood improves soon :hugs:

Elliot is really stroppy!! He'll scream at me as soon as I lift him away from feeding to burp him.

It's so tough! I get sooo frustrated because I feel like she hates me or something because all she does is cry..makes me feel like a terrible mom!! Let's just hope our LO's grow out of it and become super happy babies soon enough!

Huge hugs to both of you!!!! My eldest son was just like that, and the memories still haunt me. I cried when I got pregnant again with dread of going through that again! Most important to keep in mind is that it's not your fault. Not at all. You're good mom's and some babies are just really difficult.

General fussiness worsens to a peak at 6 weeks, but with really fussy colicky babies, it most often gets better closer to 4months past the due date. My son continued to be quite difficult for long after that, but from what I hear, that's a rare exception. I think his fussiness had a lot to do with allergies as well.

You also might try really loud white noise. Try running the vacuum cleaner and seeing if that calms him. If so, you can get CD's with white noise. Also, a good baby carrier can be really soothing for the LO, and at least gets you your arms free.

Call on all the support you can get. You've got an exhausting job dealing with your fussy baby, and you must have breaks. And don't feel guilty if you need to put baby in the crib for a bit and just walk away to get away from the sound.

I feel so sympathetic towards you both. I know how insanely difficult it is. My youngest (now 5 weeks - I've really got to update my signature) is a little fussy, perhaps fussier than most babies, but a dream child compared to my other son. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though. My son was really difficult for months on end, and he has grown up to be the happiest, sweetest and most beautifully sensitive child I know.

BTW - a book recommendation that I found helpful at the time

Your Fussy Baby
Marc Weissbluth

Jay was a really colicky newborn baby and seemed to spend the majority of his day crying / screaming and it was so hard to pacify him :hissy: It was a really difficult time for DH and I as we totally questionned our parenting ability and worried that Jay would just be an unhappy child and I just wanted to see him happy :(

Have you tried putting your LO's to sleep on an angle, that seemed to help Jay alot with his wind :)

At about 3 1/2 months he had a total personality transplant, I swear someone came and swapped him in the night :rofl: He is like a different baby now - all smiles and giggles and hardly ever cries, and when he does it's much easier to work out what he wants :)

It will get better :hug:

xx

We have elevated LeeAnne's basinette mattress which has helped a TON for sleeping at night, she doesn't growl and grunt/moan as much now..as well as we had to put a fluffy blanket down for her to sleep on (shes a little drama queen already) but I'm not sleeping because I'm worried shes going to suffocate with the fluffy blanket in there :dohh:

have you considered cranial osteopathy, it seems that some people think that babies get squashed in the birth canal and dont 'unfold' properly after the birth and this causes them problems with wind and stress..it can happen to c sec babies too

Archie has been a grouchy little sod since day 1 he feeds screams and then screams some more and will only power nap during the day in my arms the minute i put him down he starts again

i took him to an osetopath as i read somewhere it was meant to help...i had a good poke around on google and asked on here and had many more positive responses than negative...i took him for his first session a week ago and again this week and already i can see a difference

when she examined him she said he felt very tense and had a problem with his diaphram being out of sync( i hadnt told her at this point he had hiccups constantly) she has done some work on him(the gentlest form of massage imaginable and all done while in my lap or hers) he is very happy while she is doing it

since then he is sleeping better and feeding loads better and generally more chilled out...he is going for about 4 sessions as this is all she thinks he will need

the only prob is you have to pay privately for it and at around £50 a session its not cheap but if you can afford it id def reccommend it

xx

:hugs: i hope they become more contented soon

I honestly think that alot of babies (mine included) are like this in the early days. Oscar really improved around 13 weeks although is having a bit of a grumpy few days at the mo. Hang in there it cant last forever!

I honestly think that alot of babies (mine included) are like this in the early days. Oscar really improved around 13 weeks although is having a bit of a grumpy few days at the mo. Hang in there it cant last forever!

Lets hope it doesn't last forever :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->