• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

So Cross with My Daughter's School!!!!! Update with Smiley Pic Page 2-Thanks Everyone

Tizy

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I really need to have a winge!!

Got a telephone call at work from my daughter's father, saying she'd been in an accident at school and has had to go to hospital for stitches on her face!!!!

I'd been in a meeting at work and so school hadn't been able to get hold of me! So Holly's dad has taken her to the hospital and I feel so upset.

Apparently, some boys were messing around with some stationary in between lessons and one of them threw a triangular protractor at speed, Holly was passing and turned around at the wrong moment and its sliced an inch long next to her right eye, any closer and he would have sliced her eyeball and probably blinded her! The cut is sliced very deep and they're not sure if they can fix it with glue which means she's going to have a scar!

Holly's dad says her school top is covered in blood as the cut is so deep!

I'm annoyed that school weren't able to stop this happening, I mean I know kids mess about but this is serious. Apparently the boy who did it is very upset and immediatly went to his head of year and confessed but this could have changed Holly's life, she is extreamly lucky!

I don't know who to feel angry at, school? teachers? the boy? or do I just accept that it is a horrible accident that could have been worse.

What do you think?

**tear** Han Xxx

Personally i would be placing negligence charges against the teacher thats not acceptable. Im sorry that your little girl is going through this its something that was preventable.

So sorry that this happened to your little girl! I wouldn't blame the school though in my opinion as like you said, it's not their fault, all children can misbehave, I would try to accept it as an accident. x

I would be so upset, and angry. Personally I would write a letter of complaint to the school, and say that this kind of behaviour is not acceptable. What a stupid thing for that boy to have done. Why the hell were they messing around with stationary to begin with. I hope your Daughter is ok, bless her. That must have been such a shock to her.

How have the school dealt with this inccident ???

aww bless your girl :( hope she is feeling better soon. Its difficult one as im sure the boys didn not mean for that to happen, i guess how you react depends on how old they are, age 11 and above id probarly go and complain and expect a letter of apology and an explanation as to why they werent being supervised, but younger than that and i guess just making sure all the boys involved are punished and the whole school is made aware of the dangers of messing about.

my sister had a similar accident at school where she was pushed in to a bench and it sliced next to her eye open, as shes grown bigger the scar has gotten less, and bio oil has been good too.

I'm so sorry your daughter was hurt, she must be so scared!!

I would just put it off as an accident. Not to say you shouldn't voice your opinion about how it is unacceptable and that those children should have been better supervised, but children do dumb things sometimes that result in accidents. It happens. Unfortunately your daughter was the one that was hurt, and the boy obviously felt bad afterwards.

I hope she's okay!

Oh HAN, Im so sorry. Id be upset too. Even though Xanders only my step son, Ive been furious at the way the school he goes to handle things. They dont keep an eye on whats going on and often hes had his uniform ruined, new coats, shoes etc damaged by other children who were rough and 'picking on him'. Petes had to go in a few times and speak with the teachers who just say 'we werent watching at that moment'.
I would express your concerns to the school definitely, especially as Holly has been hurt and may end up with a bad bruise or even a small scar. Its not acceptable. Accidents do happen but the teachers could be at fault too!
x

I'm so sorry for you and your poor little girl, thats awful. I hope she isn't in too much pain! I'd definitely be taking action against the school for negligence, I know accidents happen but your LO could have been blinded! I mean, where was the teacher when those little boys were throwing stationary? :shrug: You trusted the school to care for and educate your LO and she was nearly blinded.
Express your concerns to the principal, to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Hugs to you and your LO :hugs: x

i would be very pissed off, depending on the age of the child id want a written apology and id want the teacher written up for the lack of supervision of the boys in question, unfortunatly as accidents go then Holly is a very lucky girl that it wasnt worse and hopefully it wont leave any scars on her face

im very sorry hun that ur daughter has been hurt! i dont no what to suggest for the best tbh.. just do what u feel best i do believe that those boys should of been stopped before something like that happend but at the same time it was an accident this boy didnt just pick on ur little girl so i dnt no how old were the boys? anyway as a mum you do what u think is best! hugs to ur little girl and hope it heals well!! xx

Oh my gosh that's appalling!

How old were the kids? I think as hard as it is, it was an accident. I would definitely go into the school and get them to explain how they will stop it happening again though

i'd ask that the boys write an apology also i think the school need to up supervision, were these boys known to cause trouble?

So sorry that your daughter is hurt!

Similar thing happened to my sister once, one of the kids at school thought it would funny to push her!! She fell face first onto the ground, her tooth was chipped, blood was everywhere and her lips and nose were all cut up and swollen. I was SOOOO mad, I'm 13 years older than her so very protective. Some kids just don't seem to understand what is acceptable behavior.

Hope your little girl isn't in too much pain. Usually looks much better once it starts to heal

How horrible for her, personally I would regard it as an awful awful accident. When I was at school and you're going back 20 yrs (feeling old now :haha:) boys even then used to flick elastic bands, flick rulers etc. The fact is kids mess about and the boy didn't do it intentionally. Teachers are unable to see what every child is doing at every minuteas there are so many per class, if you were in America or even somewhere like Germany where parents have to be covered for accidents their children cause, in this country you're hardly likely to get far with legal action unless he meant to hurt her. Hoping she has a speedy recovery :hugs:

It could have been just one throw the boy threw or the 2 could have been messing around for a while. If they had been throwing stuff for a bit than complain, but if it was just one random throw , then the teacher couldn't have had enough time to react. Sorry that happened though

Hello,

Thanks so much for all your comments!

Holly is home now, and shes fine, I had the worst visions in my head sat at work!

Due to the short length of the cut the hospital have said that steristrips should encourage the wound to heal with minimal scaring, we have to keep it dry for 5 days and then use bio-oil to help the healing - Maman good advice.

I'm still annoyed with the school, Holly is 13 years old and got caught in the cross fire of some 15 year old lads misbehaving with the stationary, it happened outside on her way to the next lesson, so you can imagine the power the lad must have got behing the throw to cause the injury!

School have tried to call at 5pm but I was on my way home, I will speak with them tomorrow about it. Need a new school jumper for starters and so glad the incident wasn't worse! Lucky us!!!

Heres a pic of smiley hols and her injury!

A chocolate treat has already been suggested!

Thanks again everyone Xxx

Attachments

• IMG_1558.jpg
    IMG_1558.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1560_r1.jpg
    IMG_1560_r1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 29
If they was 10 or under i would place the blame fully on the school/teacher as under 10 they should really be closely monitored with sharp objects,11-13 i would blame both the boy/boys parents since its their parenting and the school/teacher 13 and above i would depending on how bad it was call the police as ok at the end of the day the boy did not mean but he has caused harm to your DD and needs to know that it is not acceptable

Sorry your daughter was hurt. I hope she is feeling ok and heals well.

As said above, if it was just one throw then it should be chalked up to accident as the boy was remorseful. It cannot be the teacher's fault in that instance, they are not psychic!
If however it was a second/third/fourth throw then I would be complaining.

Edit - I saw your reply after posting this. I was expecting younger children for some reason. Teenage boys can be boystrous and do silly things. It is a shame you daughter happened to get in the cross fire. I do think the fact he was upset and confessed shows he meant no harm and is pretty good for a 15 year old.

Your daughter is gorgeous and looks in good spirits which is good. She'll get to show off her 'war wound' at school which will probably be seen as cool!

ahh thats awful! Im not sure about who to blame/hold accountable, it was inbetween lessons, there are teachers who wait outside their room for their classes in corridors who wait out try and watch out for and deal with misbehaviour if necessary (im one of those teachers) but we dont have to, and not all do Its not always necessary, and I dont know where this happened. Pupils in schools are supervised on breaks but not in between lessons its not practical. I dont know why people are so shocked by kids messing about with stationary..its a school?! stationary isnt usually a lethal weapon? If theyd stolen a knife from a cooking room and we're messing about with it then yeah things can be done regarding negligance. (thats why they have to be locked away and we count them/check them in and out in most schools) I would expect though that the boys are very sorry and didnt mean for that to happen and I would ask my daughter about who it was and how they generally behave, to be honest if they were taking it to extremes and generally do/have messed baout before, then I would be demanding an appropriate punishment, if they were good kids then Id expect them to be having a conversation with mydaughter or rather writing her a letter to explain and say sorry, and id expet the example to be used about misbehaving/messing about in the corridors/ throwing things that should be in a bag anyway. I hope shes okay thats a terrible shock and a horrible thing to have happened :(

At 15 the boy should know better. His not a toddler!! It wasn't an accident in my eyes, it's was immature boys piss arsing around. It's not on!! What if he had blinded her!! I would be seriously kicking off at the school and making them realise just how fatal things could have been. I'm actually fuming for you lol. Hope Holly is okay :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"