so embarresed of my "overhang", dr said to get a tummy tuck..

C

chelseav1213

I gained 75 lbs during pregnancy.. Prior I had what some would call and eating disorder, and a very unhealthy lifestyle ( not eating and purposely high blood sugars to lose weight, paired with not taking care of my blood sugar, and binge eating..) But when I became pregnant I got my blood sugars under control and ate everything i n sight, ove fast food :(well I havelost over 50 lbs, and am getting back to prepreg weight (110 is goal, I am at 128) but my overhang is so bad, and I cant get rid of it!! Its like the weight comes off but my skin wont tighten :( my OBGYN told me id have to get a tummy tuck because I got so huge, I just feel so bad about my body, yet I get compliments on how much weight ive lost.. I literally feel sick right now because I feel so bad about myself I will never be able to afford a tummy tuck, and I cant get rid of this nasty thing!?! I cant wear a tight shirt at all without looking 5 months pregnant :(

I know the feeling bab! I had a huge bump because of the excess amniotic fluid and i also had a c-section. my once toned tum is all wobbly with a beautiful cliff hanger of fat/skin that hangs over my c-section scar. Amazing!

Its so depressing! Especially since my boobs are so small I can't fill out a nice larger size shirt, I have to wear my OHs baggy black t-shirts to hide it so people don't ask me if I'm pregnant :/ I took my body for granted before, now I would do anything to have it back :( ( never would regret having LO becaise of it though!!)

I know the feeling bab! I had a huge bump because of the excess amniotic fluid and i also had a c-section. my once toned tum is all wobbly with a beautiful cliff hanger of fat/skin that hangs over my c-section scar. Amazing!

Are you me??? Lmao

I gained stuff all during pregnancy but I was measuring huge... Had lots of fluid and a fused pelvis so bub sat straight out instrad of in my pelvis that combined with a section ... Not a good look

Plus after avoiding stretch marks the while pregnancy two weeks after I had him they were magically all over my tummy...

It's lucky my son is so dam cute hahah I think he took all my looks lol

Good on u for losing the weight tho!!!
Maybe a belly band may help?

I gained the same amount hon. I was tiny before having my babies. My belly is SO floppy! I'm not sure if exercise would help, because I don't exercise except for what I'm allowed to do, and can handle b/c I'm disabled. But...I wouldn't get a tummy tuck unless you really want it. I'm learning to love my new body, and I sure do love my BIG BUTT!

As long as hubby is happy, I'm happy.

Is there any sort of public/government funded surgery for that sort of thing where you are! Sorry, I don't know where you live because I'm on the mobile version.

I have a massive overhang (thanks 2 c-sections...), my doc said if it was causing health issues, like getting repeated fungal infections, I may be eligible for funded surgery to have it removed.

Apologies if you've already thought of this, but have you tried control pants? They would keep everything in position and then you could wear nice dresses etc again! Also I feel you on the boobs; mine have shrunk and flattened so all my nice bras have horrid gaps in the top!

Are you me??? Lmao

I gained stuff all during pregnancy but I was measuring huge... Had lots of fluid and a fused pelvis so bub sat straight out instrad of in my pelvis that combined with a section ... Not a good look

Plus after avoiding stretch marks the while pregnancy two weeks after I had him they were magically all over my tummy...

It's lucky my son is so dam cute hahah I think he took all my looks lol

Good on u for losing the weight tho!!!
Maybe a belly band may help?

Yep, that also happened with me with the stretch marks. In my head I was like 'YES! No stretch marks for me!' Then right at the end 1 appeared, 3 appeared then my tummy was covered. I was like 'F**K!'

Sounds exactly like me, except I haven't lost the weight yet. I gained about 40lbs (possibly more as i'm not exactly sure how much I was pre preg) because I just ate and ate whereas pre preg I used to skip meals and eat smaller portions. I look at my photos from before I was pregnant and can't believe I thought I was fat!!! I was tiny compared to what I am now! I've come to accept that i'll never look the same again, as long as I lose the weight i'll be happy. Maybe some time in the future i'll have the money for a tummy tuck!

I weighed 128 pre pregnancy with my dd and ended up at 205 by the end! I had gained 75 pounds too. By the time she was6 months I weighed 120 lost everything and more. Luckily, my stomach went right back to being tight and I continued doing lots of ab work. Have u tried crunches and ab ripping ?

I weighed 128 pre pregnancy with my dd and ended up at 205 by the end! I had gained 75 pounds too. By the time she was6 months I weighed 120 lost everything and more. Luckily, my stomach went right back to being tight and I continued doing lots of ab work. Have u tried crunches and ab ripping ?

Yes I have/do daily, it helps drop the weight but not my pouch :( congrats to all of us who have lost the weight though!! :D

Is there any sort of public/government funded surgery for that sort of thing where you are! Sorry, I don't know where you live because I'm on the mobile version.

I have a massive overhang (thanks 2 c-sections...) my doc said if it was causing health issues, like getting repeated fungal infections, I may be eligible for funded surgery to have it removed.

I dont think we have anything like that here, ive never heard anything about it, havent fotten any fungal infections though, just hate the appearence and the supposed 'not gonna go away'ness of it lol

I didn't have a section and had a small neat bump with no stretch marks but my tummy still isn't back to normal 11 weeks pp. It was always super flat and toned but now sticks out a bit, even though I've no weight anywhere else! I exercise loads and do crunches but it isn't budging!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->