So excited....now weirdly scared to announce

fallenangel11

A little bit pregnant
Reaction score
I told my family as soon as we found out we were pregnant, as they have known we were TTC. I also told my best friend as we catch up each week and talk about baby related stuff.

DH has said we should wait til 12 weeks to tell anyone else so I agreed even tho after the first pregnancy test I just wanted to shout it from all the roof tops!

But now DH and I thought we might tell his family at 10 1/2 weeks at easter as everyone will be gathered already...but instead of feeling excited about it I'm now feeling scared an nervous.

DH has a daughter, 4 yrs old, from a previous relationship and it was un unplanned and unwanted pregnancy. Now of course she is loved by me and DH as well as his family and is a happy, intelligent and cheerful child. I think it was hard for him telling his parents then....but now, even tho we are happily married, own our own home, both with secure jobs (mine working from home so I'll be able to look after baby when it gets here) I'm feeling nervous telling them. I'm not sure why...I think they'll be happy at the news.

I've never gotten along really well with them. I'm nice and invite them over for dinner occasionally. But they are still very friendly with DH's ex, even tho she dragged us thru court for 2 years and cost us $30,000! And the In-laws tend to butt in quite often (I think they've learnt not to now). So I guess I just want them to be happy for us and not give advice or try to tell us what to do. I guess I'm just scared they might be like 'oh so soon after getting married' or 'can you afford it?' or 'oh S won't like a little sister or brother crying all the time' (even tho she'd love a little sister or borther around to play with)....I don't know, I just feel like they'll see something negative about it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any ideas of how we can tell them? I think I'll have DH tell them over the easter brunch (I'd like them to know he's happy about it too).

maybe we'll bring over an easter present for everyone and write on the card from Fallen, DH, S and new baby

That's a neat idea. I wanted to wait til 12weeks to tell our family but I think we are going to tell at 10weeks during my Graduation party as I will be celebrating receiving my MBA degree. I'm pretty sure his family will be elated, you guys sound pretty stable so there shouldn't be any major concerns.

That's a cute idea! Try not to let them dampen your joy if they do say anything. A new baby is a wonderful blessing, and they will see that eventually, even if they don't see it right away.

Thanks gals

I'm just used to his parents always saying something negative. When we bought our house they we all like...' oh that carpet is so old'. And we decided to recarpet the place ourselves then they were like 'don't do it yourselves you won't get it right' they even offered to pay for someone to come and lay it. But I refused and we did it ourselves and it worked out great! So I'm just thinking the worst....but I know they'll be happy once the baby is here :) who can't love a small wrinkly baby?!

That's a lovely idea. If they have anything negative to say then just ignore them. A baby is a blessing.

I think Easter would be a lovely time to announce your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->