So freaked out

porkypig

Reaction score
An aquaintance of mine had her baby a couple of days ago and posted some pics of herself and the baby on facebook. I was really shocked to see that both of her eyes were REALLY blood shot and she has severe bruising under each eye as if she'd been punched.
She posted a comment and said this had happened because she was pushing so hard and straining during labour.
Is this common? I've never heard of it before and its really freaked me out, she looked awful xx

I've never heard of it to be honest! After I had my first people commented on how well I looked considering I had just had a baby!

It can happen if you push for a very long time, but doesn't last long. No worries!

It can happen but most marks go within a few wks x

Honestly I crapped myself, she looked like something out of a horror movie, i hope its not common! xx

I'm sure she looked 10 times better even by the next day.

My friend had this after she delivered her enourmous 10lb4 baby, it was all over her face little red dots like burst blood vessels.

I remember my mum was like that after having my little sister. It can happen I guess

Ive been told if u strain ur face and push with ur face so to say, like make the strained face etc then its very common.... so im gonna have it... no way can i sit their with a straight face !!! lol:rofl:

as the other ladies said it goes away very quickly!

Yeah it can happen but will disappear quite quickly, take care :hugs: xx

I heard about this in my pre-natal class...she said if you push too hard and hold your breath, you could burst some little blood vessels. She said it helps to try and let some air out as your pushing...just a bit, to help relieve the pressure building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->