So frustrated. Need to vent.

VerucaSalty

Reaction score
I had my first midwifery appointment last Thursday, at 4 weeks. It was early because I've had complications in the past, so with this being my fourth pregnancy, and only having one living child, I wanted to check betas. Okay, had my blood drawn, and was set to come back in today for another draw.

Their office was closed Friday but I was told someone would still be there and I could call and get my first batch of numbers. Called all day, no answer. I decided not to get hung up on it and I'd know Monday.

Fast-forward to today. I called the second they opened to get my numbers and find out when they'd like me to come in. The receptionist says, "okay, so the test came back positive!" Okay, right, yes, I already know that! What about the numbers? Apparently they didn't actually order my betas! I immediately got frustrated and upset because I already had to wait the long weekend, my symptoms are fleeting, and now I need to wait even longer due to incompetence.

The entire reason for my appointment was to check my levels so I'm very surprised there was such a screw up!

I guess it's back to more poking and waiting. Sigh.

Oh hun that must be frustrating!! Have you been able to speak to the midwife about getting new bloods drawn asap? I hope this gets sorted out fast for you xx

I can only imagine how you must feel. I had a similar situation happen to me. I was supposed to have my first midwife appointment last Tuesday. I've had two previous losses so I'm also considered "high risk" which is why they wanted to see me so soon. I was already at the hospital and getting ready to check in for my appointment when the receptionist told me that my midwife was unavailable to see me because she was at the birth center. I told her "umm... ok but it would be nice to let me know before I left my house". She said they tried to call me but couldn't get a hold of me (I don't take my cell phone with me to appointments because there is no reception at the hospital) and she re-scheduled me for this Thursday. Let me tell you that it has been a LONG wait to get my levels checked to make sure this pregnancy is going well. Oh, and btw I checked my phone when I got home to see what time they called me. It said she tried to call me at 8:13. My appointment was 8:20. How is that for convenience?

I can only imagine how you must feel. I had a similar situation happen to me. I was supposed to have my first midwife appointment last Tuesday. I've had two previous losses so I'm also considered "high risk" which is why they wanted to see me so soon. I was already at the hospital and getting ready to check in for my appointment when the receptionist told me that my midwife was unavailable to see me because she was at the birth center. I told her "umm... ok but it would be nice to let me know before I left my house". She said they tried to call me but couldn't get a hold of me (I don't take my cell phone with me to appointments because there is no reception at the hospital) and she re-scheduled me for this Thursday. Let me tell you that it has been a LONG wait to get my levels checked to make sure this pregnancy is going well. Oh, and btw I checked my phone when I got home to see what time they called me. It said she tried to call me at 8:13. My appointment was 8:20. How is that for convenience?

Oh, jeez, that's super irritating! Sorry you had to go through that.

Went to the clinic and apparently I was supposed to go to the other one in a different town that I had never even been to, nor was I even told! Had them draw my blood anyway. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->