So Frustrated with myself....

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Apologies in advance for the moan!
Am so annoyed with myself at the moment. Literally the only thing stopping us TTC is my weight. I started the year off at nearly 15 stone, lost 6lbs between January and May, then joined slimming world.
I have lost just 1 stone and 4lbs since then.
I promised myself and DH that I would be in the healthy BMI category before we start trying for a baby which means I have 2st 8lb still to lose.
I am happy that i've lost the weight but i know if i had really put 100% into it i would be at goal weight by now and going into 2014 ready to start trying.
I'm 30 next year and whilst I know I still have time im starting to get panicky, that by the time i finally shift this weight and we are ready to start trying that it will take ages :cry:
I guess i just need a big boot up the bum to get me motivated!
Doesnt help that former best friend is due her first baby any day now...

Whats stopping you from continuing your healthy eating with slumming world AND starting to ttc? Speak to your group leader privatly and say that you are now ttc and you wanted to know if you needed to adjust anything.
You've done well to lose what you have so dont get down on yourself!

I was in the same boat for DS 1. I wanted to lose weight to TTC and was trying, ended up gaining and concieved really fast, so I had no time, but I was pg so I didn't care!

I gained 40 pounds with him and went from 230 (16 st 6) starting weight to 270 (19 st 4) the heaviest I have ever been.

After having him I lost (6 st 6) and I have gained a little back (1st 6), but I am going to hopefully get that back off before I ttc in April, but if I don't I only worry that I have a healthy baby. I can lose it again after the baby like I did for the first one.

Good job on the weight you have lost!!!! I will lbe trying to lose up and during ttc but I am not stress about having to be a certain weight when ttc because when it happens I won't complain! ;)

Hugs
It's always hard when WTT and someone you know is pregnant or had a baby.

Try to look at how far you have come with the weight loss.

If weight is all that's stopping you, then I'd personally start eating very healthy, and just go for it.

:hugs:

If you need any help, feel free to PM me. I'm a bit of a health & fitness nut.

Good luck :flower:

Thanks everyone for your responses :) There is a part of me that wants to just go for it, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and i just wanted to have lost a bit more weight before i get pregnant and start putting on again. Just want to have the healthiest pregnancy I can! I'll stick with it for a couple more months and give it my best, see what I can lose and then I'll feel more positive about things for when we start TTC. And thanks for the offer Mamabyrd, i may just do that :) xx

Don't be too hard on yourself, I put on a lot of weight this year and knew I would have to do something about it before TTC. I had all year and did nothing but finally joined WW in November and I've since lost 8.2kilos! I still have 12.5 to go and our TTC date is February, I'm just going to go hard and focus and if I get there awesome, but I'll still be eating healthily while TTC, it doesn't need to stop... You can do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->