So frustrated

katlin

Mom of 5
Reaction score
So a little bit about our family i have 4 biological children from ages 20months to 8years old my oldest 3 are from my first relationship and all share a shall we say sperm donor my youngest is from my previous relationship and is 20months old. My fiance has a daughter who is 10 years old and is the sweetest girl ever.
So long story short we both know that we can conceive children but have been trying now for 4 months with no luck. This isnt my first rodeo but ive never had it take this long before so were both concerned something has gone wrong. So this month i decided to try opk but i don't know how to do it?
I'm also a POS addict lol ive been using dollar tree tests more than i change underwear. We also just started to use preseed, so hopefully this aids this month. Does anyone have any tips for ttc that i may not be remembering after 7 years since ive actually tried to get pregnant.
Much love mamas

TTC can be very fickle, doesn't mean anything is wrong with either of you. My girls took around 2 years each and this baby took only 1 cycle. As for OPK, you start taking them a few days leading up to when you're predicted to ovulate and a couple days aftfer (from what I remember). If you're not already, track AF & ovulation with an app like Fertility Friend. It can help predict ovulation and when your next AF is supposed to show. The OPK should have a 2nd line slightly darker than the control line 24 (maybe up to 48 hours, can't remember) before you actually release an egg during ovulation. Keep an eye on your CM along with any slight cramping around this time, it helps with pinpointing what CD you actually ovulated. There is also tracking your BBT for ovulation, which is done the same time every day throughout the cycle right after you wake up (before you even move out of bed). Your BBT will rise slightly when you're ovulating and stay elevated when AF is due if you're pregnant, if not pregnant it will drop back down for the arrival of AF. A lot of women use both methods when TTC and apps like Fertility Friend can help track both OPK & BBT. I'm no expert with either method but I hope I was at least informative. By the way, wondfo is a great well know brand of cheap ovulation & pregnancy tests that you can order online (especially on Amazon).

Good luck hun!! Lots of :dust:

Last edited:
So it looks like i have been ovulating 2 days earlier than i thought this may be why i havent had luck.
My fiance has fibromyalgia so at times it can be hard to bed at the same time I'm ovulating which hasnt helped. Hes an amazing dad though and tries so gard to push past the pain. Weve recently went dairy and gluten free im hoping all these healthy life changes will help us.

So I'm 6 dpo just waiting to be able to test I'm antsy for this month i really hope this is our month. We bed one or two days before ovulating so fingers crossed this is our month. Used opk and my fertility app if this month isnt then ill start doing my basal temp next month as well.

Hi katlin! I wish you the best of luck, i am actually ttc my first and this is going to be my 4th month ttc. I had a chemical last month. Two people whom i know were trying for over a year and couldnt get pregnancy so they took a supplement called pregprep, and after taking it for 2 months they both got pregnant and are still pregnant with no miscarriage. I started taking it a month and half ago as well and i mean i got pregnant but had a super early miscarriage. I am still taking it as they say to take it for three months straight. I ordered mine off of amazon so i will put the link down below and i also started using clearblue ovulation kit which lets you know the day u ovulate!

https://www.amazon.com/PregPrep-Fer...=UTF8&qid=1542093754&sr=8-3&keywords=pregprep

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"