So glad I found this forum!

Coconut bird

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just found this forum, and so glad I did as there seem to be lots of people feeling like me at the moment. We are waiting until April 2011 to try for a baby, partly because of financial reasons and also because I had to have chemotherapy almost 2 years ago and have had to wait until 2 years is up before I can try for a baby. Even now, I don't know if I can conceive because of the chemo may have affected all that. I can't talk to anyone about it except for my husband and I am not sure that he really understands sometimes. I guess its a woman thing. I am worried about getting my hopes up in case I cant have a baby, but I am trying to think positive thoughts. I am on the pill at the moment, but planning to come off it in April. My doctor has said that I can have a scan to see if my ovaries are producing eggs. I know nothing about ovulation, or anything, so hopefully trying to pick up a few bits of info here.

It is nice to get all this off my chest (sorry for the long post), its just that I don;t have anyone to talk to. All my friends are pregnant or having babies at the moment, and while I am happy for them, I feel really jealous too, which is horrible.

Thank you for listening :)

hello and welcome :wave:
sorry to hear that uve had to have chemo :( i hope all is clear there now :hugs:
i think u are right its deffo a woman thing, although men try to understand i dont think they ever truely understand and knows how it feels. I hope that u will be able to have children, its still questionable whether i will be able to carry a child as i have a back condition so i understand its hard not knowing.

Welcome Coconut Bird! I'm glad you found this place too!
It's great having other women to talk about these feelings, and issues with.

Sorry to hear about needing Chemo therapy. I'm glad that your 2 year wait is nearly over; Just a couple months to go! Yay!

Welcome :D This is a great place isn't it? Thats too bad about the Chemo, but hopefully its over with now and you can look forward to the joy of having children :D

Welcome!! This forum is great, everyone is so helpful/supportive and caring. if you need to know anything theres always someone to help!!!

im sorry you've had to go through what you have, but you're right stay positive and good things will happen for you!!

good luck xxx

this place certainly helped me through the super broody days

Thank you everyone, it's nice to know other people are in the same sort of situation.

hi ya ;) , its fab on here i love it , dont know wat id do with out this site ,
hey your gonna start april , im starting may maybe april if my consultant says i can . xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"