• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

so greatful to be pregnant finally, but

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
I don't know how to deal with the nausea! I am at 6 weeks now and have just had my first headache, but headaches I have all the time and its a norm for me so I can figure out how to deal with those I suppose..

but this nausea.. I'm not good at dealing with. :shrug: I tried eating several small things, I've tried making myself eat when I feel it come on, I tried not really eating but sipping sprite or water, I've even tried some coke, I tried some popsicles.. I just can't get rid of it. It just started this week and the first day it was just a little bit in the morning after I had some chocolate milk, the next day was on and off until lunch, and since then its been kinda all day. I get a few mins of it gone and then it comes back.

NO FOOD sounds good AT ALL! It all makes me want to throw up. I haven't actually thrown up which I'm not sure is good or not considering I'm the worlds WORST thrower upper. I just don't know what to do? I don't want to seem ungrateful or like I'm complaining because it took almost 3 years to get here so I'm grateful for the reminder, but I really want to enjoy every second of this pregnancy, but with the nausea all I can think of is "please hurry up second trimester!"

I had good luck with Preggie Pops. I know Motherhood Maternity sells them, if there's one near you. Any hard candy might be OK. Otherwise, you can try the seasickness bands, they supposedly help too. (They knocked my nausea down from a 7 to a 3 or so, but never got rid of it totally.) You can find those at Walmart and Walgreens.

Good luck!

Try snacking on a few saltines about 10 min before trying to eat. It helps settle your stomach. Also ginger ale has been a life saver for me, as well as peppermint.. Anything with ginger or peppermint is supposed to help. Also preggie pops are amazing! You can get them at babies r us or motherhood. Hopefully these tips help!

I wanted something sour all the time, otherwise I used to throw up. These kind of things vary with each person so I guess you will have out yourself what is working for you.

Hey sweetie

Congrats!

So I've had nausea before being pregnant (I would always carry polos or mins of some sort).
I'm currently 5.5 weeks pregnant pending sun urgent scan coz of brown spotting but I'm still v nauseous.

I usually get it if I haven't eaten for a while so I try and eat something (small) every 2 hours.

I carry dry biscuits, mints and nuts which seem to calm it didn't a bit.
Try savoury small and often - good luck xx

nothing helps the feeling of nausea for me, its constant, at least most of this pregnancy i am keeping what I do eat down even if i don't feel like eating

Ginger snaps and ginger drops have been a huge help for me

I'm the same, it took me 3 1/2 years and finally ivf to get here, so happy! But I've forgotten how horrible the nausea can be. I've been praying that it doesn't get as severe as it did with dd. and im so thankful to be pregnant and have symptoms but I really want the nausea to be mild and go away really soon! I just found out I'm having twins, to which my dr said "the nausea will be 10 times worse, eat as many caloroes as you can this week because you probably won't be able to keep food down in a couple of weeks" um....ok...yay for twins but please no nausea like that!!!!

Ugh I feel you! Morning sickness hit me with a vengeance this morning, I had the sniffles and even a slight sniff made me gag.

I haven't gotten physically sick yet, but my stomach feels very upset and if I take big bites I just gag... Ugh everything looks like crap but I'm craving pasta and cheese. Ironically or slimy or creamy foods make me feel gaggy.

Ugh how do I deal?

I wish I knew! I finally have had a little bit of "feeling good" this afternoon! YAY! It has been such a relief. I really hope and pray it stays gone! I have to work and have a potential interview coming up for another job that I really, really, really want to get! So I pray the nausea is gone and doesn't come back!

Thank God for this thread. I so need to moan. I have been feeling green for the last 12 days and I am done with the nausea and crushing tiredness. On my last pregnancy my ms was gone by 7 weeks. I'm 7+1 today and am horrified that this might last until 2nd trimester and beyond. I'm starting to crack and am being very snappy with my poor dd :(

This is my 8th pregnancy and with each one I have suffered terribly with morning sickness. Once I found something I could stomach I would stick with eating that til the sickness wore off (usually around 16 weeks for me).

It's hard to cope with but it is worth it in the end :) if I wasn't I wouldn't be doing it all over again lol.

Anti-sickness bands work a treat x

Thanks everyone!

I had a pretty good night last night and will be going to the store today to try to find some stuff I can snack on during the day to try to help with the nausea.

I just really really want to be done with this nausea part!

The nausea has been killer for me also. I'm 15 weeks and still dealing with it. I've tried absolutely everything that can be tried, even Zofran, which didn't work so I only took it once. The few things that have worked the best for me are: 1. throwing up. (seriously, I'll feel better and not have any nausea for an hour or two after throwing up) 2. chewing gum. 3. Going to bed EARLY. This is tough for me because I'm a night owl and used to love staying up late. But I find if I go to bed at 9:30 at the latest, my sickness is way better the next day. And another thing I recently learned: don't worry about the next day, or the next week, or about how long the nausea will last. Just take one day at a time. It makes you feel less depressed and overwhelmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"