So hurt at comments from family and friends :(

:hugs: Feeding your LO is totally normal and admirable rather than disgusting. Harvey only stopped feeding about four weeks ago and I was happy to continue as long as he wanted it. One day I offered it and he just said no. I was well disappointed! You're doing a grand job :thumbup:

Gosh I can't believe your own mother would say that to you. That was really horrible, and she obviously doesn't have a clue about breastfeeding and how important and beneficial it is, even at 15 mths and beyond.
Keep doing what is best for you and your lo!! :hugs:

The WHO(world health organization) say 2 years minimum breastfeeding :) no one asks me in family any more they assume I dont. I had a midwife give off to me for feeding two babies. Said my oldest was stealing my milk, yet Alex is a great healthy weight.

:hugs:

I'm really sorry you had that kind of thing said to you.

As ever, it says more about them than you.

I know recently I'm quite shy about feeding H. Even since she gave up being wriggly I wouldn't feed her infront of anyone but my husband now. I feel a coward for doing that, but I guess it's because of those kind of comments.

The last generation certainly were brainwashed, and along with it comes a certain type of curiosity, ignorance and frustration. My mum wants me to be like her, and I'm not.

You know in your heart you're doing an amazing thing. However much it hurts, you can only leave your mother to live with her own disgusting ideas :nope:

:hugs:

I know recently I'm quite shy about feeding H. Even since she gave up being wriggly I wouldn't feed her infront of anyone but my husband now. I feel a coward for doing that, but I guess it's because of those kind of comments.

I don't feed Daisy in public anymore. She is big for her age and I got fed up of people staring. It isn't nice :(.

It's really thoughtless and harsh to criticise a mum for BF'ing her own baby!! Especially your own Mum :wacko:
Totally your decision and yours only.
A friend of mine got SO much stick for still feeding her son when he was nearly 2 - I couldn't believe people were so rude and horrible about it!
Don't listen to the doubters :flower:

poor you *hugs* I breastfed my daughter until she was 21 months, so it's not out of the ordinary. I did stop doing it in public though because I got funny looks.

That is awful - you are doing a wonderful and natural thing for your child x

What a stupid thing to say. I went to the library last week and there was a woman breastfeeding her baby in the childrens section she apologiased to me for doing it in public! that pissed me off, i never breast fed liam out of choice but why should anyone feel like its unnatural and dirty when its not, i just dont get it!

I'm so sorry your mom said that to you, how awful and hurtful! My son is over 2 and still has booby snacks from time to time, I dare someone to tell me it's disgusting!:growlmad: It's perfectly natural and what breasts are made to do.:hugs:

hmmm. I have my choice words for your mother. I am sorry...thats insulting. I would be very mad. Your daughter DESERVES YOUR MILK. I am not against it until around age 2 then the child is to big in my mind. I am not saying I am against it after age 2, its hard to explain. I just think your mom is being to mean.
Have you given her any other form of milk other than yourself? Geeze I am so sorry for you. She is your baby, you do what you want with her. If its any concelation I am still formula feeding my 16 month old, he wont eat full meals, so I feel it is necessary.

The WHO(world health organization) say 2 years minimum breastfeeding :) no one asks me in family any more they assume I dont. I had a midwife give off to me for feeding two babies. Said my oldest was stealing my milk, yet Alex is a great healthy weight.

:thumbup: wow! Thats awesome your able to feed 2 babies at same time. :)

:thumbup: wow! Thats awesome your able to feed 2 babies at same time. :)

Its hard psycally as William is big and Alex small and my chairs not massive so theres poor william sliding off lap or standing feeding. Very awkward. Sometimes we get it right though.

That is HORRIFIC. You keep feeding her for as long as you want!

I think that there is a BF support group on here for older babies / toddlers...in the groups section

sorry your mom is mean! bfing is recommended until 2 years... I dont think I will, but thats just a personal choice... There is a girl at babygroup with a kid thats 3-4 years old and I find it a bit odd she feeds him on demand still...

Wow! I can't believe that you mother said that to you. I breastfeed my daughter past a year and could care less what people thought. It is up to you and your child about when to wean. My friend is currently taking a breastfeeding class and they advised her to nurse until the baby was 3 years old or the baby didn't want her milk anymore.

Good Luck:flower:

Thank you so much for your very kind words lady, she is really harsh and I am thinking of emailing her and telling her how hurt I am by it but them I realise that the people who matter my hubby and my baby are happy, healthy and supportive and it puts ot all into perspective, I know what you mean about being shy to feed in public I have been going to the loos now since my convo with my mom cos I feel very sensitive about it, but I will not stop doing what as you ladies have said is the most natural thing in the world, I am a mummy now and my moms comments are not going to effect me like they have! Thank you again ladies, its just ignorance I think, what a shame!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->