• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

SO I found out how far along I am....

rosegarden620

Reaction score
So not sure if anyone remembers or cares. But my story is that I started feeling off the week I stopped breastfeeding my youngest, who is a little over 1. Nauseated with extreme hunger, lightheaded, irritable, crampy...I felt period-y! Which was at the time not to abnormal since I was due for what I thought was my period. Normally clock work, my period ranged between 32-34 days since I've regulated post partum about 6 months ago.

The only difference was that last month, my "period" came two weeks early and laster 3 days. 5 if you include the day before and after of light, almost non-existent, spotting. Odd, but I called it a fluke cycle - (not actively trying or hoping to get pregnant).

Took a test the week I felt weird and it was a blaring positive. REALLY positive - darker than the control line and practically instantly. This made me speculate I was further along than the 5-6 weeks based off my last period. Heard the babies heart beat on the doppler at what we thought to be 8 weeks and my midwife hypothesized that I was further along than we had assumed. In denial, I am showing and swearing its bloat (I'm sure some of it is). As of late, feeling tiny twinges that I SWEAR is the baby moving but have scoffed off because "I'm too early".

I had my Ultrasound today. The tech says after a few moments of scanning "Well, I can tell you now honey just by measuring crown to rump, you're eleven weeks." I was shell shocked and giddy! WHAT? 11 weeks? That's almost the second trimester! She smile and nodded and we proceeded with the exam.

She found an inactive, little, subchorionic hemorrhage. She asked if I had been spotting. I said, I have not. She said it would be remeasured later on to ensure it was decreasing in size or not getting bigger. She said the placenta didn't appear to be growing near that area and stated she wasn't 100% sure but it looked like my placenta was growing anterior fundally (top) and without any active bleeding it was minimal concern.

Still concerned- I had it with my second and all was well, just two scary bleeding episodes.

Baby was moving ALOT. Flipping and flopping. She was barely able to get her nuchal scan in lol. She even tried to press my belly in hopes of coaxing baby to move/stay in place! haha!

All wonderful things and now I can change my tracker, apparently lol. Doesn't seem like a lot, but man, do I appreciate jumping ahead 2 weeks. :happydance:

Ah fantastic news, always nice to move up the weeks. Congratulations xx

Yay for a great scan and active baby! It's wonderful that the SCH is inactive too. I think it would be neat to be moved up by 2 weeks. Nearly 2nd tri :dance:

How nice to be moved ahead! Must have been a shock :)

Thank you ladies!!

The only restriction I am currently on is "no crazy, hanging off the chandelier sex" as spoken per my midwife haha! It's also encouraging and relieving to hear.

My little beanie is already so big it seems unreal!

Wow congrats! What a great scan!

Congrats! I have two of those bad boys (hematomas) and I really think it's just a common thing not to worry to much about!

Thanks girls!!
I'm a registered nurse in the ER and have regular access to ultrasound. Two days ago the doctor I work with scanned me and check out the hematoma for me since the tech couldn't say anything. He said there was barely one there and it didn't look like a problem at all. He also proceeded to tell me how gassy I was lol.

🙄

I'm team yellow and he kept trying to tell me what he thought I was having lol! I kept tell him to hush up!

I'm glad that you were able to get some reassurance that it isn't anything serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"