So I had 12 week scan, looks like it's a....

Natnee

Mummy to Belle
Reaction score
.......:blue:

It's an 80% probability but the dr who did the scan (private) is renound for his expertise at getting it right. He got my sisters daughter right from a 12 week scan with him.

I had a bit of a wobble when it sank in, as realised all the clothes I've kept from dd1 plus a few extras I'd bought for dd2 that never got worn, possibly won't be now, I do get very sentimental over stuff. Although he said don't throw away any receipts yet, and we won't repaint the pink nursery til after 20 week scan!

But anyhow baby i fine, he was extremely active! All measurements good and my risks for trisomy 21 went from 1:64 to 1:1029, and trisomy 13/18 from 1:117 to 1:693.

And we told dd1 who was absolutely overjoyed and she cried as she was so happy!

Aww that's wonderful, congratulations. I know what you mean about being sentimental on clothes. I don't have a preference, but if it were a girl I'd be thrilled that I got to use dd's beautiful clothes again!

Plus I'm not overly keen on little boys clothes lol! I work in the clothing dept at Sainsbury's at Hempstead valley and I keep wandering about oohing and ahhing at the little girls things! Mind you I went a bought a little unisex vest today ha ha!

It's lovely to have the pair though! I know what you mean about clothes - me and my sister (all boys) are always saying how gorgeous the girls clothes and accessories are compared to the boys. But when I look back at baby pics of my son, I did dress him in some super cute stuff!
Congratulations on the baby being healthy :flower:

Plus I'm not overly keen on little boys clothes lol! I work in the clothing dept at Sainsbury's at Hempstead valley and I keep wandering about oohing and ahhing at the little girls things! Mind you I went a bought a little unisex vest today ha ha!

Yeah boys clothes are not as much fun! But cheaper because you buy less! :haha: Sainsburys girls stuff is lovely. You should check out the Next boys stuff at Dockside if you're confirmed blue. It's cuter and about half the rrp!

Now I'm having doubts if it is a boy. When I asked if he could tell what it was I asked if I could guess first, I said girl. Based on the nub. He said he thought boy. I've been trawling the internet looking at pics and showing oh and he can see what I'm seeing too!

I was shocked when they told me my son was a boy. But you know what? Boys are so much fun!!! And there are clothes out there that are fun (more "cool"). Not nearly as much stuff as there is for girls though. Oh yeah, and boys LOVE their mama. Like stuck on you, wants mama, mama, mama. :haha:

Congrats! Go team blue!

Can you post a pic for us to guess from:)

Sorry not sure why they come out sideways!!

Thankyou for posting them!:) What was your exact gestation?? They are really tricky as they look really girly to me apart from the last one maybe:) I don't suppose you got any video;)

I'm 12+1 from lmp, but the guy who did my scan put me forward 5 days when I had an early one with him at 7+2, so by his dates I was 12+4 on the day of this recent scan. We do have a DVD but not watched that yet! I've got my nhs '12 week' scan next Wednesday so will be glued to the nub area on that one!

IMG_0784.jpg

Here's another, think the head looks quite girly in this one.

Did you ask the doctor what made him think it was a boy? If he's that amazing at it, he might have some revolutionary way of telling that's better than the nub/skull theories... If it was me, I'd want to know exactly what he saw that made him say boy!
Don't forget even if the nub looks totally girl, it's not 100%, and on the other hand even if your u/s tech is totally sure, that's still not 100% either! So I think it could go either way.

In all honesty,I think the nub looks boyish. It is long and straight like a girl nub but looks on the rise and like early stacking is starting. It's still quite early to tell though, I am surprised he seemed so sure.

He's usually pretty good at this, has a really high success rate, this is his page and has his stats

https://www.fetal-medicine.co.uk/baby-gender-ultrasound/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"