So I had 12 week scan, looks like it's a....

We're all so invested in this...! Tracking you till your 20w scan now haha

Lol! Well I have another scan next Wednesday, so he/she might have the decency to show us a bit more clearly. I've been showing oh loads of pics online and getting him to join in guessing, so hopefully we'll both have the eye for what we're looking for :haha:

He's usually pretty good at this, has a really high success rate, this is his page and has his stats

https://www.fetal-medicine.co.uk/baby-gender-ultrasound/

I wondered if it was Penman!:) He does know his business:) Hopefully your NT will flash some clear nubs for us, is DH going with you? Do you think he could sneakily film the scan from a phone in his top pocket;)

He's usually pretty good at this, has a really high success rate, this is his page and has his stats

I wondered if it was Penman!:) He does know his business:) Hopefully your NT will flash some clear nubs for us, is DH going with you? Do you think he could sneakily film the scan from a phone in his top pocket;)

Ahh you know him! Have you used him too? So many people I know have been to him at some point or another! Yes oh will be with me next week although we do already have a DVD of tuesdays scan. Haven't watched it yet!

Did you ask the doctor what made him think it was a boy? If he's that amazing at it, he might have some revolutionary way of telling that's better than the nub/skull theories... If it was me, I'd want to know exactly what he saw that made him say boy!
Don't forget even if the nub looks totally girl, it's not 100%, and on the other hand even if your u/s tech is totally sure, that's still not 100% either! So I think it could go either way.

With hindsight I wish I had asked him why! I think at the time I was a bit stunned he was saying boy and just didn't think to ask!

Ahh you know him! Have you used him too? So many people I know have been to him at some point or another! Yes oh will be with me next week although we do already have a DVD of tuesdays scan. Haven't watched it yet!

I've not been to him but I've followed nubs for a long time and I have heard his name from the beginning almost, I believe he is probably the UK's most well known nub scanner:), the majority of places NHS and private haven't even heard of nubs and don't believe that they give any indication of gender even if they have heard of it, crazy people!!!:):)

I've not been to him but I've followed nubs for a long time and I have heard his name from the beginning almost, I believe he is probably the UK's most well known nub scanner:), the majority of places NHS and private haven't even heard of nubs and don't believe that they give any indication of gender even if they have heard of it, crazy people!!!:):)

There's obviously something in it for his high success rate! I guess he'd have a lower rate if it was purely a guess he was making!

Congrats hun!! He was right at 11w with both my boys :) and my families kids too!!! :) I saw him last week, and he is so so lovely. I'm back in 4 weeks time. Can't wait!!! So happy for you xxxx

Congrats hun!! He was right at 11w with both my boys :) and my families kids too!!! :) I saw him last week, and he is so so lovely. I'm back in 4 weeks time. Can't wait!!! So happy for you xxxx

So are you about 8 weeks? I was talking to one of the mums at school yesterday and she knows someone who mr penman got it wrong for them! Said girl and it was a boy!! Ha ha I guess he doesn't have 100% rate so there's gonna be a few wrong-uns!

Yes hun :)
Ah he doesn't have a 100% rate though and it is still early on for him to tell, even with all his super duper technology! but i still think he is amazing :) :)

I got my letter today for NHS Scan, 1 month today- 7th March xxx

I had mine today, do you go to Medway for yours? I booked my 20 week one and it's not until 10th April and I'll be 22+4. They seem to be so busy there at the moment.

Anyway they've put me forward 6 days for lmp so I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow. It's 1 day more than mr penman had me as. So due date now 10th August, but if they induce me at 37 weeks that'll be 20th July.

Got some more pics I'll post them now.

I kinda think girl still, although there was one point the sonographer had a potty shot up on the screen and as he moved the scanner across I thought I saw boys bits protruding, but may have been wrong! Anyway whatever they are, they were being a little bugger and wouldn't move over from lying on his/her side!

Just had a call from the hospital, with the bloods taken I've come back high risk for downs. 1:54. Background for my age is 1:66. Going in to fm have the harmony test done tomorrow.

Oh hun :( Fingers crossed everything is ok. I hope the harmony test went ok
I changed mine today to wednesday 8th, just fitted in bette with child care. xxx

Got the harmony test tomorrow, they did offer the cvs check but I don't want to risk that.

Good luck with your harmony test, hun!

I think the nuns on all of your pictures (except for maybe the last of the first set) look pretty darn girly. I can understand your sadness at not reusing stuff. That was a big fear of mine with this one. I had stuff saved from two daughters... and also stuff from our "bonus" baby, who was also a girl. I don't think I'd fully gotten over the sense of loss from our bonus baby leaving, so that seemed to compound my deep desire to have another girl. But I'm sure I would have loved a son all the same, just like you will love your baby either way. Hoping for a healthy little baby for you. <3

Sorry for your loss Isme xxx

Well, bloods taken for harmony test, now just a case of waiting, can take 2 weeks but sometimes results are back sooner. Saw a lovely lovely midwife today, she actually actually used to be a community mw and she was one of the ones who came to my home to see me after I'd had Poppy. She reassured me that although my figures from my bloods yesterday were a little out, hence highlighting this greater risk, they aren't TOO out. If the results of the harmony come back high I can then decide if I want a cvs. And bonus is that she's also booked me another scan in a couple of weeks, when I'll be 16+1, so bonus there!

I've realised I'm probably not supposed to be in this forum anymore as technically I'm in 2nd tri - 14 weeks today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->