So I might have *accidentally* fallen into the crazy chasm of the TWW

Meezerowner

Mum of twin girls
Reaction score
Didn't plan on being here again!

Had a mishap on suspected Ov day. Mutual decision that it was best to take MAP as not in good place for a baby at the moment (long story). Took MAP 18 hours later and regretted it instantly. Discussed with OH and both of same mind - a little bit sad. Anyway read up how the MAP works and realise there is a good chance it will fail anyway as pretty sure I was Ov that day and it works by delaying ovulation it can't stop it if it has happened.

So now waiting to see what happens. By my estimate am now 10DPO but have stupidly erratic cycles so this is CD31. I can go as long as 44 days which is really annoying.

Don't know when to test and am really hoping for BFP although really worried at same time the timing would just be awful. But if it is BFN at least it has shown that we both did want to try and I might take myself over to WTT and try and get a bit prepared, healthy and take prenatals etc.

No real symptoms other than a vague suspicion and some cramping but that might all be in my head :wacko:
I might test at the weekend really don't want to be disappointed though.

ETA: I took the MAP 36 hours later not 18

Isn't it funny how certain things like that can make you realize you actually are ready/want another, etc?

DH and I had a scare before we got married and when we saw the BFN it hit me how much I was really wanting the test to be positive!!

FX for you and please keep us posted.. I'm 2 DPO now and would love to wait it out with you and feel free to PM me anytime :)

Isn't it funny how certain things like that can make you realize you actually are ready/want another, etc?

DH and I had a scare before we got married and when we saw the BFN it hit me how much I was really wanting the test to be positive!!

FX for you and please keep us posted.. I'm 2 DPO now and would love to wait it out with you and feel free to PM me anytime :)

Yeah I know this has definitely been an eye opener. And whatever happens there are conversations to be had now. I am ridiculously excited to be in TWW again though I just hope I am not just fooling myself a bit.

Time stands still though in TWW. I cant believe how quick a fortnight flies by normally and now it feels like a standstill. What is that all about?

Are you planning on doing early tests or waiting?

Yeah I know this has definitely been an eye opener. And whatever happens there are conversations to be had now. I am ridiculously excited to be in TWW again though I just hope I am not just fooling myself a bit.

Time stands still though in TWW. I cant believe how quick a fortnight flies by normally and now it feels like a standstill. What is that all about?

Are you planning on doing early tests or waiting?

Definitely conversations that will need to be had! I don't think you're fooling yourself. Anything is possible, especially if you O'd that day and it was too late for the MAP to have any effect.

I have a 3 pack of FRERs and my plan is to not test until 10 DPO +.... but we will see how long I last lol. I'm cautiously optimistic. Had tons of EWCM for 3 days and BD'd everyday I had it, so I'm hoping we caught the egg!

Edited to say: Time definitely stands still while TTC in general!!! I feel like waiting to O took forever, now the TWW is going to drag... really teaches us patience I suppose!

Definitely conversations that will need to be had! I don't think you're fooling yourself. Anything is possible, especially if you O'd that day and it was too late for the MAP to have any effect.

I have a 3 pack of FRERs and my plan is to not test until 10 DPO +.... but we will see how long I last lol. I'm cautiously optimistic. Had tons of EWCM for 3 days and BD'd everyday I had it, so I'm hoping we caught the egg!

Edited to say: Time definitely stands still while TTC in general!!! I feel like waiting to O took forever, now the TWW is going to drag... really teaches us patience I suppose!

Sounds like you are in with a good chance this cycle then. Fingers crossed for you. What is the earliest you can test with a FRER I forget?

I am not very patient with tests in the house so I am trying not to buy any just yet. I would like to wait another 3 days but we'll see.

You know, I'm not quite sure.. I know I don't want to test until at least 10 DPO but I know some people start testing before that!!

We didn't plan on TTC until later next year. Closer to me finishing school and getting some other things done.

DH happened to be home from work at the right time and now here we are 🤷🏼*♀️ Hopeful but nervous...crossing my fingers for us all!

Ugh I am so impatient!

I went out and bought a FRER pack today for the weekend I told myself.....
I swear I wasn't in the house 10 minutes and caved. Justified by the thinking that I would still have one left.

BFN btw so I think I am probably out. Now have to be good and save the 2nd test for at least next week if AF hasn't shown.
CD32 and I think 11DPO today.

We didn't plan on TTC until later next year. Closer to me finishing school and getting some other things done.

DH happened to be home from work at the right time and now here we are 🤷🏼*♀️ Hopeful but nervous...crossing my fingers for us all!

Fingers crossed. What DPO are you?
I guess there is no right time really. There could always be something putting you off TTC and then when you reach the end of that then something else turns up. Sometimes it is good to leap.

Hahah! I see you bought 2 tests and commented on my 40 test purchase :rofl: sounds like I need to send you some! That's the exact reason I buy in bulk because I just can't help myself and I would rather buy them at a huge discount than $5 - $10 each at the supermarket.
How are you feeling? Any symptoms?

Hahah! I see you bought 2 tests and commented on my 40 test purchase :rofl: sounds like I need to send you some! That's the exact reason I buy in bulk because I just can't help myself and I would rather buy them at a huge discount than $5 - $10 each at the supermarket.
How are you feeling? Any symptoms?

Yeah I could defo do with a batch of ICs I didn't want to wait though and I really feel like I will prob be out and would only need two. However I wasted one really at 11dpo or whatever it was. Have to keep the other one back for a bit.

Hmm as for symptoms not much really. I felt a bit sick yesterday but that could have been just random. Had some cramping a few days back. I was thinking maybe AF but still no show yet.

CD34 and probably 13dpo today. I am thinking it's probably a long shot but it aint over yet.

Fingers crossed. What DPO are you?
I guess there is no right time really. There could always be something putting you off TTC and then when you reach the end of that then something else turns up. Sometimes it is good to leap.

7dpo today! So when is af due?!

nevermind, I see you're 13dpo now :haha:

Yeah I am 14dpo now and still no sign of AF. I am definitely *not* testing today - I am going to be strong and try and leave it till Monday if AF is still a no-show that is.

You are probably 8dpo now (we are on different time I think). You an early tester? Any symptoms?

Oooh good luck for Monday!! Any sign of AF coming? Or any pregnancy symptoms?

Yes, 8dpo and zero signs. I MIGHT test Monday at 10dpo...but haven't decided as I'm not all that hopeful. Fingers crossed for Monday!!

Yes, 8dpo and zero signs. I MIGHT test Monday at 10dpo...but haven't decided as I'm not all that hopeful. Fingers crossed for Monday!!

Good luck if you decide to test. I have been strong today and not wasted my 2nd test. Still no AF here but I really don't feel like I am pregnant. Just a feeling I guess.

Think I might be out. Cramping loads - feels like typical AF cramps.
CD36 and 15dpo so would be about right probably.

Hopefully it starts soon and I can save my remaining HPT for another time.
Should know for definite by tomorrow morning.

Disappointed but a bit relieved too - the timing would have terrible. I would have liked to be prepared and take prenatals/get healthy etc too. So will be thinking about doing that for next time.

I've had cramps off and on today but can't decide if they're period cramps or baby cramps or maybe I need to drink more water and less coffee cramps :haha:

I'll definitely be checking back in on you tomorrow! I definitely get the mixed feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->