So i told my dad and this happened...

hunni12

Mum To Rj&WTT#2
Reaction score
So i decided to tell my "dad"...the man who has 4-5 children that he never took care of that he has another grandchild on the way. This was his response...i know i been in a relationship for 2 years and am a great mother so his response is irrelavnt. This is like the pot calling the kettle black when the pot pretty much burned out. We are happy and shocked, but happy and thankful to God. This just another person who never see this child a day in their life along with some other people.

His words in text were:

"Okay so you really think that is something to be proud of. I guess you did not learn a thing from the first time laying up with diferent men making babies. 2 kids 2 different daddies because you can't keep your legs close but if you like it I love it. goodnight and again thanks for the birthday wishes."

Wow. I don't even know what to say. What a rotten human

Ugh. What a waste of space. His loss!

Hope you told him to fuck off! What a hurtful thing to say.

Oh yeah...just one less person to worry about.

People dont automatically deserve to have special places in your life... and ge certainly foesnt deserve the time of day with that response.
Your better off without him!

Congrats and dont let it get u down :) im sure your a great mummy

Oh my!! No one deserves that how horrible!! Screw him, good for you knowing you are a great mum!

I think I read somewhere that sometimes the most toxic people in our lives come disguised as family and friends. This is also true for me as I have many toxic relatives, including my mother and especially 2 of my older siblings (I'm the youngest) although the 3rd is pretty toxic as well. I won't go into details but they've treated me horribly with constant put downs and passive-aggressive behavior. Now that I stood up to them, they've ostracised me completely (including my "closest" brother's enabler wife). Although before they did that I had given up on them entirely. I'd spent years and years (especially concerning my "closest" brother) trying to show them I'm not this awful, selfish human being they constantly accuse me of - to no avail. So I'm walking away and going to officially go no contact on them. Oh and I'm not planning on telling them about my pregnancy, after their behavior and total lack of support while I was going through infertility (not to mention their highly abusive behavior for years), they don't deserve to know!

I guess my point is even though someone is family, it doesn't mean we have to keep them in our lives if they're constantly being abusive/toxic. In fact many toxics never change, especially if they have certain personality disorders (my family seems to run the gamit of Narcissistic Personality Disorder and I'm the chosen scapegoat). If someone is constantly putting you down and shows no interest in changing their behavior, then it's time to let them go. Perhaps you should consider not giving your father such a special place in your life if he's constantly saying things like that to you. It may be worth going no contact with him as I have a feeling this isn't the first time he's been abusive towards you.

Announcing my pregnancy the first time, I was disowned by my family. (I was 20, and the guy who got me pregnant was the guy I had been with 5 years, and was engaged to for 2.)
We eventually got back in touch...and announcing my second pregnancy (with the same guy who I have now been married to for 4.5 years) the response (by everyone. mum, dad, younger brother and sister and grandmother who then passed the message on) was 'oh. when are you due this time?' and literally nothing else. no congratulations from anyone at all. But when I had a miscarriage everyone was so quick to jump on the bandwagon and write 'im so sorry' on my FB wall (because clearly that means they care)

...i definitely sound bitter lol. But as those above me have said. They're not worth the time or effort.
You're better off without the toxic influence :)

Thanks you guys. He had been blocked. I hadn't talked to him for a while but my mom said he was constantly calling her lookin for me and my son . my life always go smooth once he is gone

Omg if my dad ever said that to me I would die. I thrive on my parents respect and pride :(

I think I read somewhere that sometimes the most toxic people in our lives come disguised as family and friends.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beyond true, unfortunately. Those who are supposed to be supportive, if not loving, can be SO opposite and it's just terrible. In DH's family, they are all like 'well, I can hurt you/betray your trust/take you for granted---but HEY, we're "family" so we have to forgive each other!' I am all for forgiveness, what I am NOT down with are people who feel since you're related/friends that give them a carte blanche to treat you like sh*t. Needless to say, we've limited our contact with them, and quite frankly, it has made our lives much better. We don't hate them or anything, but we cannot stand their actions so they can keep their poison.

SO sorry this happened...but I'd rather have an honest a$$hole than a cheerful liar/manipulator ;) BIGHUGS to you mama! :D

I think I read somewhere that sometimes the most toxic people in our lives come disguised as family and friends.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beyond true, unfortunately. Those who are supposed to be supportive, if not loving, can be SO opposite and it's just terrible. In DH's family, they are all like 'well, I can hurt you/betray your trust/take you for granted---but HEY, we're "family" so we have to forgive each other!' I am all for forgiveness, what I am NOT down with are people who feel since you're related/friends that give them a carte blanche to treat you like sh*t. Needless to say, we've limited our contact with them, and quite frankly, it has made our lives much better. We don't hate them or anything, but we cannot stand their actions so they can keep their poison.

Sorry your DH sounds like he has a similiar family to mine - it's really horrible to go through! I think you've made the right choice to limit contact, it always seems to be the healthier option.

Oh wow, i would never bother with him again if i were you, what a horrible nasty human being he is!!!! "laying up with different men"??? The F***!!!!

Don't let that have any space in your life. Also you don't need that type of stress. Family sometimes is what you make , not what runs through your veins. ( Not saying disown anyone , but you def don't have to deal with someone if you don't want to.

LOL. So stupid.

Mine will never know when he's a grandfather...he wasn't father material..so.. hey, you're not alone with the daddy issues. I sent mine birthday wishes actually for the first time this year because he goes into hiding..like if he disappears, everyone else does too.

Wow , this remind me of my dad . He completely lost it didn't speak to me for a few days then called me bout 2-3 days later and said he knows I knew that I was pregnant or should of told him I suspected I was . Then said I have to move back with him with my boyfriend. When I said we didn't want to he got upset and said I'm not doing sh*t for myself . I'm 19 . But at the end of the day Im doing what's right for my baby . I have a solid roof over my head , a job , health insurance, my mother and people who are in support of me . Going back up there I'll have nothing only my non supportive family

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"