So, I went to the dentist...

scuffer

Mum to 3 lovely boys!
Reaction score
Following advice on here I did go along to the dentist and it turns out my gums are infected around one of my wisdom teeth. The dentist was lovely but it was very painful when she was cleaning around the tooth, I ended up walking home from the dentists in tears and probably looking like a mad woman! I was in far more pain afterwards but it did need doing, I'll need the tooth out after the baby arrives.

My GP insisted I have antibiotics as I'm at a higher risk of endocarditis due to my faulty heart valve and has also prescribed me co-codamol as paracetemol weren't working. I'm feeling a bit better now but I would like to say one big OW.

I just hope I can sleep tonight. I can't remember who said they'd rather go through labour than toothache and now I definitely agree, at least you get a baby at the end of labour! :baby:

I also went to dentist today! Only for a check up but I haven't been for years so was really worried. My trip went better than yours as mine are all fine but they do hurt! He was checking my gums and stabbing them to see if they bled as that means they are inflamed and he did make me bleed in a couple of places. I just gripped the chair a little.

I hope your feeling better now :) my hubby had really bad toothache a few weeks ago and had a tooth taken out and he was so bad when it was hurting just wouldn't move off the sofa and was making such a fuss. I said to him just remember this in a few months when our baby is teething and they are crying non stop and wont settle, now you know how they feel. Will def make him more tolerable I think lol.

Xxxxxx

I also went to dentist today! Only for a check up but I haven't been for years so was really worried. My trip went better than yours as mine are all fine but they do hurt! He was checking my gums and stabbing them to see if they bled as that means they are inflamed and he did make me bleed in a couple of places. I just gripped the chair a little.

I hope your feeling better now :) my hubby had really bad toothache a few weeks ago and had a tooth taken out and he was so bad when it was hurting just wouldn't move off the sofa and was making such a fuss. I said to him just remember this in a few months when our baby is teething and they are crying non stop and wont settle, now you know how they feel. Will def make him more tolerable I think lol.

Xxxxxx

I'm feeling much better now thanks.

You will need to remind OH about it!!

I'm glad your appointment went ok, I had a routine check a couple of weeks ago which was fine. Hopefully my teeth and gums will go back to behaving themselves.

I'm glad you've got some treatment! The antibiotics are important, you wouldn't want it turning into an abcess. It'll probably feel better in no time now. Stupid wisdom teeth, what a literal pain they are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"