So I'm very confused on how you figure out your cycle

Tinker1983

Reaction score
I've been doing some lurking on here, and I see everyone talks about CD1 and all that and I have no idea how to know how to figure out my cycle, my mom has tried explaining it to me but it still makes no sense, and even my landlord (we are friends) has told me how to do it but I'm just not retaining it. I feel very stupid that everyone else seems to know how to count out their cycle days, and no when they are ovulating and I'm just over here like :wacko: So if someone could try to explain in it fully out to me and not just how to count but what day's is supposed to be ovulation day. that would be great and I would love you forever! So I'm going to go do my laundry and come back

:laundry::hangwashing:

I've been doing some lurking on here, and I see everyone talks about CD1 and all that and I have no idea how to know how to figure out my cycle, my mom has tried explaining it to me but it still makes no sense, and even my landlord (we are friends) has told me how to do it but I'm just not retaining it. I feel very stupid that everyone else seems to know how to count out their cycle days, and no when they are ovulating and I'm just over here like :wacko: So if someone could try to explain in it fully out to me and not just how to count but what day's is supposed to be ovulation day. that would be great and I would love you forever! So I'm going to go do my laundry and come back

:laundry::hangwashing:

HI, I'll try. A normal cycle runs 28 days. Keep in mind not everyone has the standard 28 day cycle.

Cycle day 1 is the day you start your period. This is where it all begins.

A few days before you ovulate you will become fertile and will notice fertile mucus. This is the best time to have sex as the sperm will live in fertile mucus for about three days.

Usually around day 14, you will ovulate. Again, keep in mind not everyone will ovualte on this day. It depends on your body. You will notice excess discharge that will look like egg whites or snot (sorry, gross I know)! You best bet is to use OPK or ovulation predictor kits. This will give you an idea of when you will ovulate. There are other methods of knowing when you ovulate such as tracking your BBT. Google it. I don't do it so it's best that I don't explain it.

After you ovulate begins the dreaded TWO WEEK WAIT. If you see people posting on here about how many DPO they are...they are talking about this two weeks. This is the two weeks when the egg may or may not be fertilized. During this week implantation will take place anywhere from 7 DPO on.

If the egg is not fertilized, progesterone will decrease in your body causing the lining of your uterus to begin to shed AKA the start of your period. This begins the cycle all over agin.

Hope I didn't confuse you!

CD1 - first day of your period
CD28 - average last day of cycle before the above happened again

ovulation is generally 14 days before CD1 and you can find out the exact cycle date by checking your CM, checking your BBT daily or doing ovulation tests.

My cycle goes as follows (it took me a good few months to get the hang of it)...

CD1-7 - Period
CD17-21 - EWCM (AKA, cervical fluid that aids sperm mobility)
CD21 - Ovulation (when your egg is released and your cervix becomes 'open')
CD34 - last day of cycle

Good luck with it all xx

Try FertilityFriend out. It is free for basic membership and will even give you a free trial of the VIP membership. FF has a course that explains everything you need to know about your cycle. It's really detailed and helps you to understand a lot better.

Clicking on my ticker will take you there.

Thank you ladies! it was all very helpful ^_^ I do think it will take me a few months to figure it out since I have to be out on this pill that is supposed to make me have my period since my body hates me and doesn't like to be regular but I'm still going to try and figure it out! I love you all!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->