• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

So itchy!!!!!!

Twist

Reaction score
I am going nuts!! I became really really REALLY itchy last night, and I mean Everywhere!! I couldn't sleep because of it and finally climbed into a cool bath of baking soda at 2 AM (didn't have any oatmeal), I was still itchy while in the water and only slightly relieved for the rest of the night. I am still incredibly itchy and am trying my hardest not to scratch my skin off. I don't have a rash or any hives however my skin is getting quite red and speckled with blood spots from my constant scratching.

Is this just "normal" pregnancy itch or do you think it might be something else?? I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary or changed soaps or anything like that. I am currently taking an antibiotic for bronchitis, but I have been taking it for five days now so I don't think it is from that. I have a Doctor's appointment on Wed so I am hoping that it will be fine to wait until then to ask someone about it... just sorta has me worried as I have heard about theliver problems that can sometimes happen in pregnancy (however very rarely!!) and will cause extreme itchiness.

Anyone else suffering with this???

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/416-please-read-obstetric-cholestasis.html

Are you hot or tired more?? x x

Wow, Thanks for the attached thread, I had no idea so many people on here have had problems with this, I read them all and am pretty worried now, I have had itchy periods all through the pregnancy, but this is new, if I touch it(my skin that is) I have to itch it and it doesn't seem to be relieved no matter how much I scratch, it is the worst on my arms, thighs, hands and feet, but I am feeling it everywhere from my scalp, face, back, belly, legs... you name it, it itches...

I think I will call my clinic just to be safe, probably will say I can wait till Wednesday to talk to doc about it, but I just want to feel like at least I have done what ever I can in the meantime.

Oh, and yes, I have been rather hot lately, my DH keeps comenting on how I am drentched in sweat every night (despite usually being a "cold" person, and sleeping with every window in the house open and it is 0 degrees out). I have also been exhausted lately, but battleing bronchitis and sinusitis... oh, and being 8 months pregnant LOL

hey iv been like this thought it was OC but had a blood test and they came back normal.. seen my midwife today she said sometimes in pregnancy you can get polistic outburst of pregnancy she said because of all the water retension around your body the skin stretches that much it causes it to be itchy everywhere im still itchy everywhere now even though it was just my hands and feet. ive been given piriton which helps it calm down and stop itching as much hope this helps :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"