SO MANY symptoms but BFN?! WHY

sherii

Reaction score
*** This is so long - sorry! My first post and clearly I'm long winded.. ***

Either I'm dying, or I got a hole in one. Here's what's up:

On Sept 28 I had my copper IUD removed - and I also ovulated. Happy coincidence. Husband and I did the deed not even an hour after the IUD was out. I'm now 10 DPO, and have had symptoms since 2DPO-ish.

The cramping is real. It's been off and on (but largely on) since two-ish days after ovulation. It's not intense, just very present. When it's not actual pain, there's discomfort to the point I want to shift in my seat. Period is due in 7 days, so now I'm convincing myself that it's pain due to AF coming.

And the dizziness! I've been dizzy, lightheaded since maybe 3-4 DPO. Touch queasy since about 5 DPO onward. I've had a couple bouts of nausea as well - including this morning - and one related directly to the smell of brussel sprouts cooking. That one was the worst, and involved many windows opened and many fans blowing the air outside. Earlier that same day (6 DPO) I had stabby uterine pain bad enough that I had to stop what I was doing for a few seconds until it subsided.

No breast pain, but nipples are sensitive. Enough that it actually hurt when pressed against the bed last night.

Not usually irritable, but a couple mood swings of grit-my-teeth-chew-metal anger. Also random strong desire to cry, but that's not entirely abnormal for me.

This is something I could see happening after Mirena removal, since it's full of hormones, but everything I've researched tells me that cramping should stop, not start, after copper IUD removal.

I did a test today - first response digital - and BFN. Mind you, I'm still 7 days from AF, so this is too early to be accurate, or pick anything up right?

SO

I'm afraid I'm psyching myself out and convincing myself I feel something I don't. Thoughts?

Is this how you felt during your TWW?

Did you have any symptoms like cramping after copper T removal?

Is fertility delayed after copper T removal? (NOT mirena)

If I am pregnant I'll basically have won the freaking lottery, since I got it on with husband not even an hour after my IUD was removed.... but Is that even possible....?

What is happening to me?! I feel like I'm going crazy - particularly after the BFN.

I feel your pain, I’m like this every month...this month I was totally convinced but I can feel AF on her way. You still have a way to go before she’s due though Hun so don’t count yourself out yet!!! Fingers crossed for you xxx

Sister is in the same boat as you - she's 20 days late. Bloods come back as negative, pregnancy tests do too. But she's got no reason to miss. She's not stressed or sick or anything else that could explain a missed period. I think she's pregnant so next step is her getting an ultrasound. She thinks she is, I think she is and so does her partner. From what I've been able to find, some woman can be pregnant even with negative bloods and urine - some finally had it confirmed at late as 20 weeks!! So fingers crossed it's your turn and your one of those ladies who have a Hell of a time having hCg detected. :)

Welcome to the world of ttc! It's like this every month - I've felt things I didn't even know where pregnancy symptoms, been delighted when I've googled and found out they are, and then not been pregnant. It's insane and I don't know why suddenly it happens, but it's the same for most people. Good luck xx
(Just wanted to say - I didn't mean what I posted to sound patronising so sorry if it did - it's still early so you could well be pregnant and incredibly lucky - I think around 10dpo is when you should expect to see a hint of a positive. There is a website called countdown to pregnancy which has lots of helpful statistics that show what percentage of women receive a BFP for each dpo. Good luck!)

how do you know you ovulated do you chart ? thats the only way to confirm it
usually pregnancy symptoms only start after implantation after a bfp on a hpt
good luck hun x

I feel your pain, I’m like this every month...this month I was totally convinced but I can feel AF on her way. You still have a way to go before she’s due though Hun so don’t count yourself out yet!!! Fingers crossed for you xxx

I'm waiting until a bit closer to AF to test again, but I'm not letting myself expect a positive. I hope it's not like this every month!

Sister is in the same boat as you - she's 20 days late. Bloods come back as negative, pregnancy tests do too. But she's got no reason to miss. She's not stressed or sick or anything else that could explain a missed period. I think she's pregnant so next step is her getting an ultrasound. She thinks she is, I think she is and so does her partner. From what I've been able to find, some woman can be pregnant even with negative bloods and urine - some finally had it confirmed at late as 20 weeks!! So fingers crossed it's your turn and your one of those ladies who have a Hell of a time having hCg detected. :)

I hope so too! But I'm doing what I can do not expect anything. It's SO hard though, and I'm sure your sister was/is in the same boat at this point. Thank you for sharing this! It's good to know there are uncommon occurrences like that.

Welcome to the world of ttc! It's like this every month - I've felt things I didn't even know where pregnancy symptoms, been delighted when I've googled and found out they are, and then not been pregnant. It's insane and I don't know why suddenly it happens, but it's the same for most people. Good luck xx
(Just wanted to say - I didn't mean what I posted to sound patronising so sorry if it did - it's still early so you could well be pregnant and incredibly lucky - I think around 10dpo is when you should expect to see a hint of a positive. There is a website called countdown to pregnancy which has lots of helpful statistics that show what percentage of women receive a BFP for each dpo. Good luck!)

Your post didn't sound patronizing at all, hun. Quite the opposite - I like the blunt approach. I fear that I'm creating symptoms from nothing, and I think if that's the case I'll feel embarassed and a little crazy. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has done this haha. I'm waiting a couple days to test again, but I'm going into it with no expectations. Cautious optimism, that's what I've got. And if not, I guess we'll get to try again in a couple of weeks ;)

good luck hun x

I have always tracked my cycle with an app, so I've got months, years of backed data to predict the ovulation dates. A day or two after my ovulation date this month I picked up some OPKs for next month, since I want to be absolutely sure from here on out, instead of relying solely on the date given to me by an app. I'm optimistic that I won't have to use them! (Oh that would be so cool!) But, I'm also quite aware that I will.

good luck hun x

I have always tracked my cycle with an app, so I've got months, years of backed data to predict the ovulation dates. A day or two after my ovulation date this month I picked up some OPKs for next month, since I want to be absolutely sure from here on out, instead of relying solely on the date given to me by an app. I'm optimistic that I won't have to use them! (Oh that would be so cool!) But, I'm also quite aware that I will.

Does the app only rely on cycle length for its predictions? If so, that can be totally inaccurate. The only way to confirm ovulation is with temperature, though OPKs can also help to give you a good idea. It's usually recommended that you use at least two methods for tracking (besides cycle length) -- so temp and OPK, or OPKs and CM, CM and cervix details, etc.

Also, digital tests are really insensitive, so most women don't typically get positives on those until well after a standard dip strip or cassette test shows a positive, and usually a couple of days after AF is due. Those are great to confirm a positive on a regular test, but for early testing, you want to go with a pink dye test. :)

I've had months where I could have sworn I was pregnant and wasn't. The month I conceived DS, I had already counted myself as "out" because I'd had no symptoms. :lol: You never know. Symptoms are great for looking back on, but not really reliable for telling if you're pregnant before you have a positive test. The mind plays tricks, and a strong ovulation can cause the exact same symptoms.

FX for you that this is your month, and that you get a positive result soon. :)

good luck hun x

Does the app only rely on cycle length for its predictions? If so, that can be totally inaccurate. The only way to confirm ovulation is with temperature, though OPKs can also help to give you a good idea. It's usually recommended that you use at least two methods for tracking (besides cycle length) -- so temp and OPK, or OPKs and CM, CM and cervix details, etc.

Also, digital tests are really insensitive, so most women don't typically get positives on those until well after a standard dip strip or cassette test shows a positive, and usually a couple of days after AF is due. Those are great to confirm a positive on a regular test, but for early testing, you want to go with a pink dye test. :)

I've had months where I could have sworn I was pregnant and wasn't. The month I conceived DS, I had already counted myself as "out" because I'd had no symptoms. :lol: You never know. Symptoms are great for looking back on, but not really reliable for telling if you're pregnant before you have a positive test. The mind plays tricks, and a strong ovulation can cause the exact same symptoms.

FX for you that this is your month, and that you get a positive result soon. :)

Thank you for this information. This is an entirely new adventure for me, and though I've read plenty, I still have a ton to learn. Honestly, when I picked up the OPKs for next month I had no idea that I would start feeling anything at all. I didn't even know they were available until I went in to buy pregnancy test to keep on hand. Then when I started feeling odd symptoms i was like omg wut!? and now I've become super obsessed hehe

Also, I won't be investing in digital anymore.... the fact that it's digital I thought would leave nothing to interpretation, and be hyper accurate as a result. Clearly that is misleading. I'm thinking the cheapy wandfo strips from amazon will be the way to go until I get a positive.

I'm of course hoping that this is our month, too. I mean, talk about amazing luck. However, I know it's very unlikely. I'm forcing myself to wait until wednesday morning to test again, but admittedly it's difficult.

Thank you again for the info! It's valuable, and should be more readily available TBH.

I highly recommend the FertilityFriend app. It not only tracks and analyzes your details, but also offers a charting tutorial that tells you all about your fertility signs. It's pretty awesome. :)

I love Wondfo HPTs for my POAS addiction! I like Babii brand OPKs, they're a bit cheaper. :)

I was actually wondering if there was an app to track everything specifically when TTC. I should invest in a basal thermometer before end of next AF, too, alongside the OPK. I'll totally look into that one :)

I think to keep myself from going absolutely crazy each month I'm going to have to be super strict with myself and just ignore potential symptoms. Then I can give myself scheduled testing days, and not allow myself to test before 11-12DPO or something. Or that four days before AF are my testing days, and regardless of how I feel, I test every month on those days. Then it'll be more like a routine and less like a shrodinger's baby situation every. single. day.

I tell myself something similar every month, but I just don't have the willpower. :lol:

I have my fingers crossed for you!

I had copper coil out in July and my period was 7days late after being like clockwork for 5years so you can imagine how excited I was, I even got a BfP the day before af came. anyway I'm not trying to be a downer I really hope your instinct is right I just don't want you to get hopes up If you're going to be disappointed! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->