So Messed Up.

TStorm93

Reaction score
First time being pregnant and so far , not enjoying it. Before I was absolutely sure I was pregnant , all I had was a constant sick feeling in my tummy. My guess from worry about if I was our not. But once I knew for sure, the pain has gotten worse . I myself have just gotten more messed up. Everyday I wake up , I feel sick and I have to lay in bed for am hour or two just to muster up the strength to pee . As for feeling sick , I feel like throwing up but once I get to the toilet , nothing . I have yet to puke . Sometimes when the sick hits, I think about making myself throw up just to get the feeling to pass for a bit .Then , no matter HOW much sleep I get , I fall asleep again for a few hours a few hours later , then the process of laying in bed begins again . As for eating , I can't eat . Heck , I can't even make some cereal without feeling like I'm about to pass out on the floor . So today all I was able to eat were some chips and that's because I didn't have to leave the couch to get them . As for work , because of the holidays I work alot of doubles but I'm not sure how it will affect me now. So far , work has kept me moving and kept my mind off it . But with the not eating right , I don't want to be in the middle of a dinner rush and pass out . Ling story short , can't eat without feeling sick , get headaches from to much sleep but constantly exhausted . And feeling 6 different types of emotions. Any advice would be great .:coffee:

This sounds exactly the way I was , except I was vommiting too. It's honestly the worst feeling in the world being so out of control and feeling like u can't function 24/7. I was diagnosed with hyperemasis and given tablets - but they made me worse and I found it hard to put them in my mouth without being sick . My advise is this - sleep when tired , it's what got me through those first months - it doesn't take the sickness away but it made my days go quicker . Ur not alone and it's so common , rest up , nibble on crackers , digestive biscuits etc I found eating hot foods made me worse. I'm now 14 weeks and feel like a diff person and that sickness /drowsy /fatigue feeling seems like I distant memory . It will get better .. X

no advice, but i can say I'm right there with you accept I've had 2 days where I've actually vomited and it doesn't make the nausea go away unfortunately :( I'm just waiting for week 10-12 when it should (knock on wood) start to fade. my boons hurt so bad while i was sleeping that i dreamt i was trying on bras at maternity stores and my boobs had bruises on them!! i walk up one flight of stairs and feel like I'm going to pass out. i think it gets better tho. then you get a baby and don't sleep again for 18 years lol

This sounds exactly the way I was , except I was vommiting too. It's honestly the worst feeling in the world being so out of control and feeling like u can't function 24/7. I was diagnosed with hyperemasis and given tablets - but they made me worse and I found it hard to put them in my mouth without being sick . My advise is this - sleep when tired , it's what got me through those first months - it doesn't take the sickness away but it made my days go quicker . Ur not alone and it's so common , rest up , nibble on crackers , digestive biscuits etc I found eating hot foods made me worse. I'm now 14 weeks and feel like a diff person and that sickness /drowsy /fatigue feeling seems like I distant memory . It will get better .. X

Your absolutely right , sleeping definitely does make the day go by quicker . I just feel bad cause I hate sleeping the day away . I rather be bored , watching tv then sleep haha. But thanks for the advice , I just hope it gets better asap.

no advice, but i can say I'm right there with you accept I've had 2 days where I've actually vomited and it doesn't make the nausea go away unfortunately :( I'm just waiting for week 10-12 when it should (knock on wood) start to fade. my boons hurt so bad while i was sleeping that i dreamt i was trying on bras at maternity stores and my boobs had bruises on them!! i walk up one flight of stairs and feel like I'm going to pass out. i think it gets better tho. then you get a baby and don't sleep again for 18 years lol

Oh gosh , my boobs hurt as well ! And since I sleep on my stomach and they are usually smushed in a pillow... I wake up and it feels like I'm moving bowling balls .. and they aren't even that big ! I'm a C lol . I hated stairs before I found out lol that's why I got an apartment on the first floor lol

Try some salt pretzels! Just nibble a few at a time throughout the day. Also, try to stay hydrated, as that'll make the nausea much better. Mild fruit juices (like apple) with mineral water are a great option but if you can't stomach anything else, even soda is better than no fluids.

I'm not going to lie, the first trimester is absolute hell, and I cannot wait for it to bugger off!

I hope you start to feel a little better soon :)

I'm 8 weeks and not in quite your position, but can tell you up until yesterday I had two weeks of nausea, food aversions, and felt like I took 5 doses of Nyquil every 2 hours. I would be at work and literally barely keep my eyes open. I still have a hard time brushing my teeth and end up heading to the toilet because I'm gaging so bad. (tmi) All I can say is it does start getting better eventually :) I still have some of it but not quite as bad. If you can try going to bed around 8 pm or so, that helped me because I have to get up at 7. Someone recommended Oyster crackers and granola bars, the sweet and salty ones stuck with me :) Also cereal was what else I found I liked and could eat easily. hugs :hugs: This all soon shall pass, so the 2nd & 3rd tri people tell us ;)

You work in a restaurant. Me too, well a private dining club. It's a whole other level of hell. Holy cow the smell of fish cooking still makes me want to run away. I'm six months. That and it is active and require short bursts of energy long days. All of my days are split shifts. The good news was that I nap, a lot. I get off of lunch and back to bed I go. Black out curtains white noise machine and an alarm waking me up for dinner. My advice is pretty much like everyone else with one extra. If you tell a friendly kitchen staff. I told the sous chef with a toddler daughter they will usually help keep you going. I lived off of cucumber and mashed potatoes and crackers at work. And something new my husband is making me do but is a huge help. Ensure. The old people drinks. He bought a case of them at Costco and I have one for breakfast. Gets good vitamins in your system. I plug my nose and drink it fast. I hate creamy milk things but if you don't it shouldn't be too bad. Other than that first trimester sucks. It just does. But it doesn't last forever.

And my doctor recommend Gatorade. To keep your electrolytes up and to stay hydrated. It makes a huge difference on the nausea. Being dehydrated makes everything so much worse. Some days at room temperature and some days cold.

First time being pregnant and so far , not enjoying it. Before I was absolutely sure I was pregnant , all I had was a constant sick feeling in my tummy. My guess from worry about if I was our not. But once I knew for sure, the pain has gotten worse . I myself have just gotten more messed up. Everyday I wake up , I feel sick and I have to lay in bed for am hour or two just to muster up the strength to pee . As for feeling sick , I feel like throwing up but once I get to the toilet , nothing . I have yet to puke . Sometimes when the sick hits, I think about making myself throw up just to get the feeling to pass for a bit .Then , no matter HOW much sleep I get , I fall asleep again for a few hours a few hours later , then the process of laying in bed begins again . As for eating , I can't eat . Heck , I can't even make some cereal without feeling like I'm about to pass out on the floor . So today all I was able to eat were some chips and that's because I didn't have to leave the couch to get them . As for work , because of the holidays I work alot of doubles but I'm not sure how it will affect me now. So far , work has kept me moving and kept my mind off it . But with the not eating right , I don't want to be in the middle of a dinner rush and pass out . Ling story short , can't eat without feeling sick , get headaches from to much sleep but constantly exhausted . And feeling 6 different types of emotions. Any advice would be great .:coffee:

Pregnancy is NOT easy. This is my 4th time around. What I will say is eat what you can, and if you can't don't freak out. Baby won't be harmed by lack of food. Sleep when you can, put your feet up and watch your favorite shows or movies. This will pass. I look back on my first pregnancy and remember how difficult it was because I had never been through it before. Although nowni have 3 littles to care for on top of all the morning sickness lol.
I promise it will pass...2nd trimester will be much better...this prepares us mamas in a way to toughen up because this is the easy part before kids.
Hang in there mama...one day at a time

I don't know how you can work in the food industry and be pregnant, just the smell of food makes me want to vomit. I've had to leave work just because they sprayed air freshener and felt as if I would pass out from sickness...I think it's just pregnancy though

It sucks so much! I didn't have this with my first. It's hit me hard this time. No puking, just everything else. I have no advice, but just know you are not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->