So much ANXIETY!! please some positive advise??...rant : (

Melisa1985

Reaction score
I started to feel lately so much anxiety & so down. So much anxiety about being stuck in this uncomfortable body for another 8 weeks!! I don't know if i can do it anymore. I been through so much & I just feel like I can't take it anymore. I started getting dizzy spells(almost fainting, it's so scary), I started getting extreme rib pain(that I cry from at times), back pain, i feel so freaken heavy I don't know how I can carry myself anymore. I don't sleep well because from all the anxiety about labor and birth and pain that's coming my way and making me worry and stress. My body is uncomfortable and of course I can't get a good nights sleep. I just feel miserable in my own body at this point & nothing makes me happy for long periods of time. I just want the end to be here & the days are dragging, 8 weeks seems like the longest weeks/months of my life. I'm so unhappy. I feel huge like a cow at this point and don't like my body at all anymore, but that's the least of my problems. I worry about fainting and when another dizzy spell is gonna hit me, when my rib pain is gonna hit. My face (Chin) breaks out from acne like I'm a teenager and no make up in this world will cover it, it just looks disgusting.

How am I gonna get through these 8 weeks with everything?? I worry way too much & my anxiety and history of having anxiety really isn't helping. At times I feel like I can't breath because of it.
I'm freaking out about labor, birth and all the pain i'll feel during and after. I can't tolerate pain, I'm a big baby & I don' tknow if I can handle this. I'M SO WEAK.

please any positive advise would be really helpful. How are you all making it through your last weeks of time dragging??

YES. I'm so impressed by women who have a lot of children, I can't imagine being pregnant for years and years of my life- it already feels like I've been pregnant for forever, I'm tired of being so heavy and slow and everything. I'm sorry about the dizzy spells, I've had them pretty bad too. I was sent to the cardiologist for them- I think it helps to lean to my left or lay on my left if I'm home- it tilts the baby way from your vena cava and helps you get a bit more blood to your head if that was the problem.

As to being impatient about the time dragging, I can't help you there. I'm right with you. I just started a birthing class hoping to help with some of the fear about the pain of childbirth. Just trying to stay positive and think about how thankful I am for being relatively healthy (although uncomfortable) so far, and praying for a healthy happy baby.

* hugs *

We are almost there hun and I do feel like you do to and after all me and my oh have been throught just to get here, people just seem to think that I woukd love it.. I spent most of my pregnancy in hospital or on bed rest, im in pain and cant bend over as bump is in the way.
I sat on the floor today just to put socks on and struggled to get back up.
I am looking forward to the birth as then I know its almost over and I can take him home.

YES. I'm so impressed by women who have a lot of children, I can't imagine being pregnant for years and years of my life- it already feels like I've been pregnant for forever, I'm tired of being so heavy and slow and everything. I'm sorry about the dizzy spells, I've had them pretty bad too. I was sent to the cardiologist for them- I think it helps to lean to my left or lay on my left if I'm home- it tilts the baby way from your vena cava and helps you get a bit more blood to your head if that was the problem.

As to being impatient about the time dragging, I can't help you there. I'm right with you. I just started a birthing class hoping to help with some of the fear about the pain of childbirth. Just trying to stay positive and think about how thankful I am for being relatively healthy (although uncomfortable) so far, and praying for a healthy happy baby.

* hugs *

Awww thanks hun...Sorry to hear you are feeling so uncomfortable as well.It def. sucks at this point and seems like every week gets harder and harder. Did the cardiologist help you at all with the dizzy spells?? I felt like my doctor just brushed it off and said that's normal with some women because of the blood volume...So mad because i felt like he should have checked more into it because it could be anything like (lack of iron) or something else. Going in 2 weeks again to him & will def. complain about it again. Can't handle this anymore.

Did the birthing class help you with the fear of labor at all??

We are almost there hun and I do feel like you do to and after all me and my oh have been throught just to get here, people just seem to think that I woukd love it.. I spent most of my pregnancy in hospital or on bed rest, im in pain and cant bend over as bump is in the way.
I sat on the floor today just to put socks on and struggled to get back up.
I am looking forward to the birth as then I know its almost over and I can take him home.

Yes, so glad i'm not the only one feeling like this. Power to us women, who would have thought this would be this hard. It's so much harder than i ever imagined. I'm a 28 year old woman, meanwhile i'm whining and crying like a kid during this pregnancy. : (
But totally get you about the socks thing,it's so damn hard. & than every time I wanna put my shoes on such a hard task, when hubby is around he helps, but when I'm alone I suffer , leaning down my ribs feel like they are on fire from pain.
Seems like we are so close to the due dates, but yet it's sooooo far for us soon to be mommies that are stuck in these uncomfortable bodies.

Try some breathing exercises for the anxierty and mindfulness (you could get a book about anxiety coping techniques or download some guided exercises). I have terrible anxiety and it sucks, especially when you get short of breath from it. Can you go to a therapist for the anxiety? You can usually find someone affordable if you need to - I have in the past.

As for labour, remember that with regard to the pain just plan to get an epidural ASAP. Forget all the talk about trying to wait as long as possible and just be comfortable. Write it in your birth plan so you know going in that no one's going to try to convince you to wait unnecessarily long or talk you out of it or tsk tsk your decision. Ask at your next appointment when the earliest you can have one is - will they make you wait to not slow down labour or are there any concerns with blood pressure? - so you know going in what to expect. You can't plan what baby will do but you can certainly find out what options are available to you with regard to pain relief and when. Maybe some good planning about pain relief ahead of time will alleviate some of your worry about pain in labour. As for after the birth, well that's a big unknown for me too so I can only suggest that you and I both just take it as it comes.

Awww thanks hun...Sorry to hear you are feeling so uncomfortable as well.It def. sucks at this point and seems like every week gets harder and harder. Did the cardiologist help you at all with the dizzy spells?? I felt like my doctor just brushed it off and said that's normal with some women because of the blood volume...So mad because i felt like he should have checked more into it because it could be anything like (lack of iron) or something else. Going in 2 weeks again to him & will def. complain about it again. Can't handle this anymore.

Did the birthing class help you with the fear of labor at all??

Just keep bringing up the problems you are having, they didnt send me to the cardiologist until like the 5th time I complained and said I was concerned about driving with the dizzy spells. I'm getting a heart ultrasound and 24 hour cardio pack next week to check, but the cardiologist said its probably just the baby putting pressure on my vena cava and cutting off my blood flow, and to try to lean to the left and ease the baby over when I feel it coming on.

I just started the birthing classes, so I'm not sure yet. BUT my best friend made the very inappropriate suggestion to look up some fisting pictures. Which I did- and as strange as that is, I didn't realize how flexible the vagina is. I mean, if a man's fist can fit up in there, I can fit a baby head out. This may be completely bizarre and gross, just thought I'd share bc it helped me feel less worried about getting so stretched out lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->