So much pain, what should I do ?

BeesBella

Mama of 1 and expecting number 2 in July 2019
Reaction score
Hi.
I have been in pain for a couple of days now and I thought it would go away but it hasn't so I would like some advice please !
It's on my lower right abdomen, right near my hipbone, it's like sharp stabbing and then dull pressure aching afterwards and it's horrible and kept me awake most of the night.
I am thinking it may be a cyst because I have already had my appendix out.

Now here is my question -
I phoned the doctors and they can't get me in until Friday morning, however there is a walk in centre about a 15 minute walk away and I don't need an appointment. I am in so much pain and won't be able to go to lectures because I don't want to sit for two hours in pain.
Should I wait until Friday or go to walk in centre now ?

What could they do at the walk in centre ? They will either dose me up on painkillers (which I don't really want as I'm TTC) or send me to the hospital for an ultrasound scan to tell me if I have a cyst or not.... and if I do, then what ?

I don't know what to do !

Thanks in advance for any help :flow:

It sounds exactly like the pain I had when I had a cyst on my ovaries.. When I went to the doctor he sent me straight to the hospital as he thought it was my appendix! But turned out to be a cyst on my ovary that had burst! I needed keyhole surgery!

I would go to the walk in clinic, dont wait till Friday as if it is a cyst, they can be dangerous if the burst! Good luck x

Thanks, just gotta get OH out of bed now ! Am not going by myself.

Am so worried it's a cyst that will stop me ovulating. Dya know if you still get a +OPK and temp dip if you have a cyst and don't ovulate ?

No dont go on your own cause if they are concerned they will probably send you to the hospital.

Im sorry im not sure about ovulation and cysts! I know though that after I had the operation, I had no problem concieving afterwards, I was very concerned about that at the time, but had no problems.

I'm now at walk in center and they have taken a urine sample to test for a water infection and to check I'm not pregnant. Been waiting a while not sure how much longer ill have to wait. OH finally made it out of bed so at least I'm not alone. Still sooooo much pain!

Hope everything is OK, and glad to see you went for help sooner than your GP's appointment :hugs:

Well I saw the doctor and he thinks it could be fibroids. He told me to go see my normal GP and get referred for an ultrasound. I don't know if its effecting my fertility but I have lost all hope for this cycle already and I haven't even ovulated yet. I hope its nothing serious and that they don't take long to give me an appointment for the ultrasound because I am so worried it will stop me getting pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->