So much to do! Plan before lo is here

highhopes19

Reaction score
My plan of things that need doing before lo is here is never ending :dohh:

We moved last may, and the whole house needed doing including the garden!! Tom is a builder but also does plastering, decorating, carpets etc.

Everyone thinks wow that must be so handy! Unfortunately not!

He has a tendency to start jobs and leave them for months! Currently we have a half finished chimney breast, half skirting in the living room, a hallway and bedroom without carpet or flooring and a garden that currently resembles a .forest! :dohh:

I'm hoping a new bubba on the way will give him the kick up the bum he needs.. Fingers crossed :thumbup:.

1- decorate and floor laid in Isabelle's room- were switching rooms so she can have the bigger room as her room is a bit crowded especially since Xmas with new toys etc. starting to strip wallpaper Saturday night ready for him to plaster on Sunday. Then decorate the weekend.

2- new flooring and decorate ours and Los room- needs plastering before decorating need to buy new bed, bedside tables

3- living room- new sofa already picked. Finish chimney breast and skirting

4- hallway- lay carpet and then remove a cupboard in the kitchen so we can move the fridge freezer to there. So there's room in the hall for the pram. And buy a new washing machine (think this is gonna be next weekend)

5- garden- needs to be cleared (were gonna do this having a van does come in handy for dump runs). And then were getting someone in to level and relay lawn, fence done (but not essential). Patio set brought.

All this and buying baby stuff!!

Ahhhhh I feel so overwhelmed by it all but it HAS to be done :cry:. So frustrating as a Lot of stuff could have been done before but he kept on leaving it and leaving it :dohh:

I know it seems a lot but if we knuckle down we can do it... Positive thinking :haha:.

Isabelle's staying at nanny and grandads this weekend so we can make a start on her room :thumbup:.

Anyone else have a plan of things todo before little one is here ?

:flower:

Oh god my list just seems to go on forever! I never expected to get my bfp when I did. Had come to terms with just having my son so was rather a suprise. The whole house needs doing. New carpets, plastering painting, also have the new roof being fitted next month. Also have a absolutely no baby stuff left over from ds as he's 9 now. Gonna have to start all over. Had a huuuuge freak out this morning over the amount of things I need to get done in 7 months. Still totally worth it! Wouldn't change it.

Oh god my list just seems to go on forever! I never expected to get my bfp when I did. Had come to terms with just having my son so was rather a suprise. The whole house needs doing. New carpets, plastering painting, also have the new roof being fitted next month. Also have a absolutely no baby stuff left over from ds as he's 9 now. Gonna have to start all over. Had a huuuuge freak out this morning over the amount of things I need to get done in 7 months. Still totally worth it! Wouldn't change it.

Sooo totally worth it :happydance: can't wait just want everything to be perfect :cloud9:. I had my freak out Sunday night when I got home and looked around at the house like omg! Were starting from scratch also on the baby stuff after Isabelle I was adamant that she was my first and last think I sold or have away everything apart from a few outfits :dohh:.

Congratulations xx

I feel your pain! We are currently midway through redoing our basement. Have to lay new tiling and carpet! Our upstairs is all wood floor, so we want a nice finished basement with carpet for the baby to go on when he/she gets older. We also have to buy new furniture for it as well! And the baby's room is currently a storage room for lots of miscellaneous items lol. We have till August to get it all together but time is just flying by!

There is loads I want to do, but it's not getting done as I feel so ill all the time and so dh is running the house, working full time and looking after ds before and after school. He's never going to get on with any diy after doing all that everyday. It's so frustrating, I just want to get on with it.

Im opposite and it's really frustrating. We are foster parents to infants so we have everything. You could drop a newborn here tomorrow and we would think nothing of it (it regularly happens actually).

I don't get that excitement of preparing for my first baby. I think all I need is a breast pump and I'm good.

Just make a list and get one thing done at a time. Slow and steady.

We haven't got much to do this time but with my first I found out I was pregnant in the March. We had to save up thousands for a mortgage. Finally moved in in the September, had to paint and decorate all of the rooms in the house, buy furniture, but baby stuff. Build baby stuff and furniture. Buy fence and turf for the garden Etc list was endless! But we got it all done and our daughter was born in December!

So I'm sure you'll get it all done in time, 35 weeks is a long time to get stuff together and sorted :)

I'm starting to panic myself! We are currently renting and have been told the owner is selling so now have to find somewhere to live! Decided to buy, so the stress of trying to find a house and prepare for baby arriving in august is getting a bit scary! Plus OH is working away at the moment so I have a lot to do!

I think I may be able to beat your list !
Currently ripping every room in our flat back to the brick, meaning every room needs electrics plumbing plaster insulation decorating and furniture.... We better get a move on! :)

Omigosh YES! Our house is a three bedroom split level, but we planned on making the downstairs family room our bedroom and giving my daughter her brother's room and my son our room and the baby my daughter's room. So the downstairs needs a closet framed in and drywalled, doors, lighting, carpet ripped up, woodburning stove removed, brick hearth busted up, huge gun safe moved out, paint, new carpet, trim... I'd also like to finish laying flooring downstairs just outside the anticipated new bedroom and maybe hang up bi fold doors to the laundry area. Then upstairs all three bedrooms will need new paint and furniture moved around. Not to mention we both work full time, the kids, housework and other responsibilities, plus other preparations for baby. :help:

I'm able to do things like mud drywall, paint, cut and hang trim and baseboard and lay the flooring when the time comes. I handle the housework, hoping my SO will be attentive to the major construction that I can't do. I'm anxious and concerned that we won't get the most important stuff done in enough time or be able to relax and actually enjoy this pregnancy some :wacko::wacko::wacko: Glad I'm not the only one panicking!

I feel your pain! We are currently midway through redoing our basement. Have to lay new tiling and carpet! Our upstairs is all wood floor, so we want a nice finished basement with carpet for the baby to go on when he/she gets older. We also have to buy new furniture for it as well! And the baby's room is currently a storage room for lots of miscellaneous items lol. We have till August to get it all together but time is just flying by!

Sounds like me. Too. I am already in process of empty storage/baby room. Just started basement. Literally moving the junk there. So we are really stage .5 of it. I planned on just cement finished. But the idea of carpet good as hardwood up stairs. Hmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->