So new to all of this!

SmartBLondie

Reaction score
So normally I just stalk this forum and have so many of my questions answered, but now I'm stumped! I have to say that this forum has been super, super helpful for me and my fiancé even loves looking at it with me!

Me and my OH have been TTC for only a short time, but then something came up. I haven't been on the pill or anything before, but this month I have been interviewing for a really good job. It looks like I am going to get the job (after 7 long interviews) and we thought maybe I should go on the pill so that I could get settled with work first. Well, my new (hopefully) boss is really supportive and just mentioned that if I had kids or was going to have them soon, the company fully supports that and I shouldn't worry. Well now my fiancé and I want to start trying again. He was beyond excited at the thought of not having to wait for a while!

Anyway long story short, I took the pill (Levora) for six days and stopped three days ago. I am having withdrawal bleeding today and now have no clue where I would be in my cycle. I use fertility friend to chart and would normally be on CD 14 and I ovulate on or around CD 17 (31 day cycle). My question is, do I start over on CD 1 now? I was using OPKs, which have been negative but were starting to get darker. I haven't used one today because the bleeding started and I'm super confused! I also haven't been temping because I had a mild cold and thought it would be affected. Any help would be reallyyyyyy awesome! :winkwink: Sorry it was so long-- I'm a talker, and apparently a "typer" too :)

Hi SmartBLondie,

Congrats on the job and the fact the company will fully support your pregnancy when it happens.

If you have had one full day of red flow I would start a new cycle, my first impressions say it sounds like you have spotting as the cycle sounds way too short. If it continues bleeding I would probably force myself to start a new cycle and go and see the Doctor just explaining the situation.

good luck and keep us posted

Thanks for replying! The bleeding lasted for about 45 minutes and now it's gone! I'm hoping it stays that way because I reallyyyyyyy don't want to start over! I think you are right about the spotting because it really wasn't even enough to use a tampon or anything... was pretty light.

Thanks again for the help; this stuff seems so foreign to me sometimes.

I'm in your position, apart from not knowing if my new job will accept me, I'm still ttc though as it would mean the world to me xxx good luck

This confuses me to did you ever find a good answer?

AF started that day and lasted three days, which is normal for me. I just counted it as cd 1. I used opks just to make sure I didn't ovulate when I normally would. So basically my cycle completely restarted, which was crappy!

Ps.... Hiiiiiii!!!!!!! Lol :)

Congrats on the new job with a boss that is supportive YAY

AF started that day and lasted three days, which is normal for me. I just counted it as cd 1. I used opks just to make sure I didn't ovulate when I normally would. So basically my cycle completely restarted, which was crappy!

Ps.... Hiiiiiii!!!!!!! Lol :)

Hiiii!!!!! :) lol so I have a question for you. How does this whole folic acid thing work? How much should you be taking and what exactly does it help with? Should I still be taking a daily multivitamin too? This part is all new to me lol:wacko:

Hey!
Also very new to all this since having my implant out!
Good luck with everything! :D
fingers crossed for a bfp!

Hey!

Hi there! :) What are you doing/changing to help your process? I am looking for any and all the tips I can get lol Thanks in advance!

Hey!

Hi there! :) What are you doing/changing to help your process? I am looking for any and all the tips I can get lol Thanks in advance!

I've stopped drinking, been taking vitamins to help women that are ttc!
DTD every other day, and lying still afterwards!
The other half is taking vits too, and we're sorta on a health binge!

Bit nervous cos we move house on monday! :sleep:

what about you? what have you been doing? ^___^

:happydance:Well not too much yet lol OH just admitted to me yesterday that he really does want a child now and doesn't want to wait even with everything that is going on(school and such) and he told me to get my butt healthy and whatever happens happens So, so far I am trying to cut my caffeine back and went out and bought some folic acid. I also ordered the book "what to expect before you're expecting". Since we aren't like full fledged trying Idk whether or not to change my status to TTC or anything haha It's all so new and exciting! :wohoo:

Oh, you totally should!

Seems like a good plan, and looking at some of the threads on here have really helped, like, i've learnt so much reading stuff, that I couldn't find anywhere!

My other halfs really excited, with being a bit older than me.
I'm still studying, so it's so hectic over here, kinda missing the romance, but i guess once we're settled into the new place.

Are you constantly hoping for symptoms? hoping to concieve quickly? :)

We were missing some of the romance too lately but it seems like knowing we are both looking forward to something so life changing really helps :) I honestly could get a BFP tomorrow and it would be the best thing ever! lol It can come as quick as it wants. I think I may have missed my OV this month though so we will have to wait for next months. Is this your 1st?

I'm the same, I can't wait for those two lines!
Yeah it is, yours? :)
x

All very exciting really. :)
I'm so.impatient its unreal though.

But I've been reading about women that have conceived within like 6 weeks of stopping BC.
Id love us to be like that!

Yeah that would be great! I don't think it will be that quick for us though. This isn't the first time we have gone through this. We started the process like a yr ago but had to stop because of unexpected reasons. But fingers crossed! You will have to keep me updated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->