So now I don't have to see a consultant???

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
I am a tad confused ladies!!! I was told by my midwife at my booking in appt that I'd need to see a consultant because I've had a previous IUGR baby and a previous big baby and I also hve slight asthma.

Anyways I recieved my consultant appt and went last week. It was just an asthma questionnaire, I wasn't seen by the consultant in the end just a midwife because my asthma is well managed (itsthat mild I don't have to manage it that well!)

When I asked the midwife about haing to see a consultant for the IUGR and big baby she just said the midwife will keep an eye on my growth and refer me for a growth scan if needed???!!

I don't see my midwife til around 25 weeks so can't ask her. Anyone had the same thing?? I'm just a bit worried about the IUGR more so than the big baby

xx

Can i ask what an IUGR is??

Im under close observation becoz my DS was 9lb 12 so all they said to me was they'd keep an eye on my growth and send for growth scans if needed. He was also stuck and had shoulder dystotia but they discuss all things like that at 28 week appt. Id ask the MW at your next appt. you dont see a consultant about birth till closer to the time anyway i dont think

It basically means she was growth restricted. She was born a week early(was induced because of it) at 5lb 8ozs. I had growth scans with my previous baby because of that reason so don't understand why I don't even need to discuss it with a cons this time? :shrug:

Tbf it wasn't picked up on the growth scans that DS was overly big, 9lb 10ozs, it the small thing I'm more worried about.

xx

Ah rite ok. Well my SIL had an average 6lb 13 for her first, her second was induced just over a week early n he was 4lb 15 as she had pre eclampsia so he was tiny! but her third she never saw a consultant for just had a growth scan at 32 weeks and he was measurin the same as her 2nd was born hehe but only got to 6lb 3 when born! i suppose if you're growin normally and theres no concerns maybe they feel you dont need to be seen as 2nd baby was alot bigger? im not sure maybe speak to mw tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->