so now we cant go to the park

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
because she has a flid and wants to play on the big slide that is just too dangeouros. She goes mental and screams and kicks and because im 29 weeks pregnant I can not chase after her to make sure she does not fall off.

She then refuyses to get in her pushchair and screams and sceams and goes so stiff I really can not get her back in.

such a shame as its the park everyone goes to and I feel like she is missing out on such a lovely time with all her friends...any tips how to deal with this? :wacko::dohh:

Is there anyone you can go with, even if it's less visits than before, so they can make sure she is safe for you?

:hugs:

My LO just started running off in shops and I just run after her saying 'i am not running after you' hehe so no I don't have any advice but :hugs: good luck

Thanks ladies. I had my mum the other day, but really it was just too dangeous and an accident waiting to happen. Think we will just have to find another park and be billy no mates! x

because she has a flid and wants to play on the big slide that is just too dangeouros. She goes mental and screams and kicks and because im 29 weeks pregnant I can not chase after her to make sure she does not fall off.

She then refuyses to get in her pushchair and screams and sceams and goes so stiff I really can not get her back in.

such a shame as its the park everyone goes to and I feel like she is missing out on such a lovely time with all her friends...any tips how to deal with this? :wacko::dohh:

Is this a typo?

Sounds like my life! I go to 2 playgroups a week now and a friends house maybe once a week. Other than that we hardly go anywhere but the shops. Its Just so hard. She doesn't want to go in the buggy but doesn't want to walk so just wants carrying everywhere or she will just sit on the floor and scream. It will get better tho. I remember going through the same when my 5 year old was liitle :flower:

Why do you feel its unsafe?? my daughter goes on the big slides, i thought they werent safe and she would fall, especially on the ladder up to them, but for the past 5months she has never had a problem. Why not let her do it when u have a helping hand there to watch her and sort her out if she gets hurt, but let her keep doing it and doing it till she learns in her own way to be safe on the play area?? xxx

In EXACTLY the same boat as you hun. Its got to the point whereby the tantrum getting him back into his buggy completely outshines the fun he has had in the park :cry: He wont go on the swings just wants to run round and its simply not safe when he is so fast and there are swings swinging. He also wants to go on the big slides and like you I dont think this is safe.
So Im with you hun. I just find a quiet park so there is noone there to see the fuss if we have to make a sharp exit. I feel like he's missing out too but hope this phase will pass soon xxxxx

I guess it depends how big the slides are! My LO managed today to climb up to a big-gish slide and down it all on his own. I was so pleased as there was no way I was getting up there with him! I would never let him do it unsupervised but i think its safe enough as long as youre below them :)

Is this a typo?
I doubt it - I hear a lot of people using this term...

Is this a typo?

I've never heard it before. What does it mean?

I have no tips I'm afraid but I can sympathise. This happened to me on Sunday. We were having a lovely time in the park when Daisy wanted to go on the climbing frame which is much too big and was full of much older children dashing about. When I led her away from it she started hitting and kicking me and screaming and tantruming. I tried to distract her with the swings which she usually loves but that didn't work so I had to put her back in the pushchair, which was a struggle, and take her home, screaming all the way. It was such a shame though as we'd been having a lovely time.

I've never heard that phrase before.

Is this a typo?

I've never heard it before. What does it mean?

I think it is being used to describe some kind of tantrum / hissy, but I think (not entirely sure) it's actually a derogative word towards disabled people. One of those words that sometimes you don't know is offensive until someone tells you.

ETA - I was right: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flid

No offense to the OP - I have totally used words like that without realising the connotations, before.

sorry no was not a typo I didnt know what it meant. I thought it just meant "strop" tantrum ect " Did not know and never heard it used in a bad way to decribe a disabled person, I only use it to describe ruby when she is having a strop and dont even know where I have picked the word up from...sorry if i offended anyone there..

To the person who asked why she cant go on, it is because she walks out of my reach and there there are monkey bars that make a gap where she could fall down ( about 4 ft ) and also she now thinks it's a good idea to run down the slide rather than sit down..

Thanks ladies x

Is there a park near you where you could go at a quieter time and it has two seperate area's for older and younger LO's with gates??

We have two parks really close like that and when there's noone else there I close the gate of the older section to keep LO out :flower:

How big is it height wise? Emma goes up on this play frame that is about 5ft up and does have monkey pars and gaps, but we just kinda shepherd her about them. She has seem other kids use things and we let her try them, and when she realises she cant do it without assistance she generally loses interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->