So.... now we know!

S

sparkswillfly

Ive been counting down with a little timer on my desktop since 9 weeks.. cant believe the day finally arrived! I was so nervous and excited all day, I could hardly contain myself in the ultrasound waiting room. The sonographer lady went through all the babies parts first and let us listen to the heartbeat before moving down to between the legs.... I knew before she said it, you could clearly see there was nothing between the legs! So finally we are on

TEAM PINK!

When she told us I could feel the tears welling up, I was trying so hard not to burst into tears and not from joy but I hate to say disappointment. The strange thing is I really wanted a girl, so why on earth was I upset. Firstly, because my OH had his heart set on a boy and I was worried he wouldnt love her as much or be as excited and secondly because now I wasnt going to have a boy Id lost the chance to use a name I loved. But the strange thing is that I think I would have felt the same if it was the other way around I would have been gutted it wasnt a girl and I didnt get to use that name. So turns out I just want both! Sounds silly but I found the whole experience so overwhelming that I just couldnt control my emotions. When we went to the clinical appointment I was still crying! How embarrassing. Turns out Im anemic and need extra iron but other than that everythings healthy! Which is great. After the appointment we went to mothercare and bought pink things and now we couldnt be happier. So Meadow Rose Micklewright is due 22nd Feb, and I can stop calling her an it.

https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sparkswillfly35/baby223.jpg

Awww congratulations, glad your scan went well and great piccys! i cant wait for mine! I also think meadow is a beautiful name for a little girl xxx

:hug: Congratulations on your pink bump! What a beautiful name you've chosen for your little girl.

Awww what a beautiful name! Congrats on a pink baby hun. Hugs

:hugs: congratulations sweetie on your pink bump, i too felt soooooo over whelmed when when we were told :cloud9: :hugs:

It can be hard to get used to knowing the sex of your baby, sure she will be daddies little girl! Congrats x

Congrats on your pink bump hun.xxx
I know what you mean about not knowing whether to be happy or sad, i was happy to be having a boy, but my hubby wanted a girl so i felt disapointed for him.
But were all happy now.

my first pregnancy my hubby wanted a boy so much .. we had a girl - n i had the exact same fears as you - but i had nothing to worry about - both my girls are daddys girls to the point where i feel left out sometimes. Im sure ur little girl is going to be loved and cherished by her daddy just as much. Congrats! :hug:

YAy congrats on team pink!!! :) My boyfriend had his heart set on a boy to and it ended up being a girl I kept think he wasnt going to love her the same to lol :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->